No announcement yet.

Paint for the Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The color is great! Stick with it. I especially liked the brick effect (grin).
    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

The color is great! Stick with it. I especially liked the brick effect (grin).
      Rog

Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

quote:According to my software, it is 2592 wide, by 1944. Dick's is 640 wide.
        That's what I read. I'm surprised it only took three minutes to load on my machine.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:According to my software, it is 2592 wide, by 1944. Dick's is 640 wide.
          That's what I read. I'm surprised it only took three minutes to load on my machine.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

The only clear coat is in the middle; there isn't any on the edges at all, since there's a lot of little dings that need to get addressed before we really go fot it. I must admit, the Studebaker pickup at Barrett Jackson was the inspiration, though I think this is probably several shades lighter than that (Forest Green??--maybe).
            The response from those who've seen it in the flesh has been unanimous, though, so maybe I won't have to hunt down the darker color.

But I'll also pose a new question--What color combo for the frame (Art Morrison, not Stude), suspension, and rear end?

My thought is a dark grey frame, with a contrasting color for the suspension pieces. But body color? satin black? nickel or chrome?

What do you all think?

'53 Commander
            '53 Commander
            Art Morrison chassis
            LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

The only clear coat is in the middle; there isn't any on the edges at all, since there's a lot of little dings that need to get addressed before we really go fot it. I must admit, the Studebaker pickup at Barrett Jackson was the inspiration, though I think this is probably several shades lighter than that (Forest Green??--maybe).
              The response from those who've seen it in the flesh has been unanimous, though, so maybe I won't have to hunt down the darker color.

But I'll also pose a new question--What color combo for the frame (Art Morrison, not Stude), suspension, and rear end?

My thought is a dark grey frame, with a contrasting color for the suspension pieces. But body color? satin black? nickel or chrome?

What do you all think?

'53 Commander
              '53 Commander
              Art Morrison chassis
              LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

Working...
              X