Car Rally (LOTSA pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Rally (LOTSA pics)

We had a little car rally in Hazlehurst Friday and Saturday. There was maybe 20-30 cars, and the most represented make I think was Studebaker.[8D]
    Here's a few pics...

We cruised around town Friday night. I was driving my truck, but I've been having trouble with it lately. It has trash or rust or something clogging up the gas lines. [V] So, it was parked Friday night, and I got the '64 sliding roof Wagonaire out and drove it Saturday on the Poker Run and did the 'show' thing with it. Man, for a 6 cylinder car, that Wagonaire sure does drive good...

The view at Sonic.

Stock vs. Modified

View from an excellent example of a '62 GT Hawk.

What I drove; '64 Commander Wagonaire.

My uncle's '51 Champ Starlight.

My grandad's '57 Silver Hawk.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

No sweat Jeff. No, we won't be in Charleston. And actually, I took that pic myself when getting a ride from the car wash in Pat's GT Hawk. [8D] We were close to 110 MPH when I took that pic, trying to dry the car off... [:0][)]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

No sweat Jeff. No, we won't be in Charleston. And actually, I took that pic myself when getting a ride from the car wash in Pat's GT Hawk. [8D] We were close to 110 MPH when I took that pic, trying to dry the car off... [:0][)]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, Georgia
      '59 Scotsman PU
      '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make it Matthew..
        Just got the truck back Friday night and still have to put it back together...
        Was that GT Hawk driving pic from Emily Skelly?
        Looks like you had nice cool weather!
        You coming to Charleston for the SE Zone meet next week?
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

[b]We had a little car rally in Hazlehurst Friday and Saturday. There was maybe 20-30 cars, and the most represented make I think was Studebaker.[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
        Brooklet, Georgia
        '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
        '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
        '61 Hawk (project)
        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make it Matthew..
          Just got the truck back Friday night and still have to put it back together...
          Was that GT Hawk driving pic from Emily Skelly?
          Looks like you had nice cool weather!
          You coming to Charleston for the SE Zone meet next week?
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

[b]We had a little car rally in Hazlehurst Friday and Saturday. There was maybe 20-30 cars, and the most represented make I think was Studebaker.[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
          Brooklet, Georgia
          '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
          '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
          '61 Hawk (project)
          http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Matthew; hey are those front turn signal lenses on the Scotsman just ordinary truck clearance light lenses? I know someone who has a very nice restored street-rod Scotty. He has painted it Orange! But it is a apricot looking shade because of the Pearl in it, very pretty. Anyway he needs lenses for the rare turn signal option, and they are rarer than hens teeth! That's why I wondered if you had to modify the fender to install those after market ones. Thanks, Rich.

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Matthew; hey are those front turn signal lenses on the Scotsman just ordinary truck clearance light lenses? I know someone who has a very nice restored street-rod Scotty. He has painted it Orange! But it is a apricot looking shade because of the Pearl in it, very pretty. Anyway he needs lenses for the rare turn signal option, and they are rarer than hens teeth! That's why I wondered if you had to modify the fender to install those after market ones. Thanks, Rich.

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Matthew; hey are those front turn signal lenses on the Scotsman just ordinary truck clearance light lenses? I know someone who has a very nice restored street-rod Scotty. He has painted it Orange! But it is a apricot looking shade because of the Pearl in it, very pretty. Anyway he needs lenses for the rare turn signal option, and they are rarer than hens teeth! That's why I wondered if you had to modify the fender to install those after market ones. Thanks, Rich.

Those were on the truck before I got it. I think the first uncle of mine that owned it put those on there. They are aftermarket ones from Western Auto I think.
                I do have one correct NOS lens, and it's the same as those used on 57-58 sedans, as I'm sure you're well aware of. Maybe I lucked up, but I got this one off eBay not long ago for just a few bucks. [8D]

Oh, an Orange Scotsman PU you say? Can't be too many of those around. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, Georgia
                '59 Scotsman PU
                '63 Daytona HT

Comment

quote:Matthew; hey are those front turn signal lenses on the Scotsman just ordinary truck clearance light lenses? I know someone who has a very nice restored street-rod Scotty. He has painted it Orange! But it is a apricot looking shade because of the Pearl in it, very pretty. Anyway he needs lenses for the rare turn signal option, and they are rarer than hens teeth! That's why I wondered if you had to modify the fender to install those after market ones. Thanks, Rich.

Those were on the truck before I got it. I think the first uncle of mine that owned it put those on there. They are aftermarket ones from Western Auto I think.
                  I do have one correct NOS lens, and it's the same as those used on 57-58 sedans, as I'm sure you're well aware of. Maybe I lucked up, but I got this one off eBay not long ago for just a few bucks. [8D]

Oh, an Orange Scotsman PU you say? Can't be too many of those around. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, Georgia
                  '59 Scotsman PU
                  '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Thanks Matt, I knew they were similar, but I did not know they actually are '57-'58 Sedan ones!

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Matt, I knew they were similar, but I did not know they actually are '57-'58 Sedan ones!

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Thanks Matt, I knew they were similar, but I did not know they actually are '57-'58 Sedan ones!
                        Yessir, all in the same. And you can't be suprised, this IS the Studebaker Corp. we're talking about here. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, Georgia
                        '59 Scotsman PU
                        '63 Daytona HT

Comment

quote:Thanks Matt, I knew they were similar, but I did not know they actually are '57-'58 Sedan ones!
                          Yessir, all in the same. And you can't be suprised, this IS the Studebaker Corp. we're talking about here. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, Georgia
                          '59 Scotsman PU
                          '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Hey MB Stude Doesn't your uncle know that Studebaker don't make yellow cars. Thats what they keep telling me

48-7G-Q1 49-2R12 51-10G-F5 56-56B-F2 56-56B-D4
                            SAND SPRINGS, OK.

Comment

Hey MB Stude Doesn't your uncle know that Studebaker don't make yellow cars. Thats what they keep telling me

48-7G-Q1 49-2R12 51-10G-F5 56-56B-F2 56-56B-D4
                              SAND SPRINGS, OK.

Comment

Working...
                              X