Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studeclunker
    replied
    Well, SMS has it. It's (gulp) $85 a yard. They don't have black and want a three week lead time on it. It's a little over two hundred dollars for the materail I need. [8]

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Well, SMS has it. It's (gulp) $85 a yard. They don't have black and want a three week lead time on it. It's a little over two hundred dollars for the materail I need. [8]

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    That's the thing about SASCO, I'm told, one has to be able to go through the piles themselves. Having never been there, I wouldn't know. I did call them first of all. They were adamant that there was nothing for any fifties cars in stock (upholstry wise).[8]

Doug Pollock answered my e-mail on the upholstry material. He requested a scan and to send a scrap by snail as well. Can do, Douggie!

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    That's the thing about SASCO, I'm told, one has to be able to go through the piles themselves. Having never been there, I wouldn't know. I did call them first of all. They were adamant that there was nothing for any fifties cars in stock (upholstry wise).[8]

Doug Pollock answered my e-mail on the upholstry material. He requested a scan and to send a scrap by snail as well. Can do, Douggie!

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    I'd call SASCO and ask if they still have all those "mix and match" upholstery peices. Some were sewn covers, others were cut but unsewn sections. A lot of it was that mid '50's thru early '60's cloth with the metallic thread woven in. Seems like there was always a big stack that you could look through during the spring swap meet, and whenever the National was in South Bend. I can't remember if that has still been the case since they've moved across the street, but if they had the one you needed the price was always great.

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    I'd call SASCO and ask if they still have all those "mix and match" upholstery peices. Some were sewn covers, others were cut but unsewn sections. A lot of it was that mid '50's thru early '60's cloth with the metallic thread woven in. Seems like there was always a big stack that you could look through during the spring swap meet, and whenever the National was in South Bend. I can't remember if that has still been the case since they've moved across the street, but if they had the one you needed the price was always great.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Thanks anyway, John. I wouldn't be looking for a show quality cover, the car's just a driver. I can't afford anything else. No, all I need is the vinyl to replace the piece that has come apart. I'm going to resew the original upholstry and call it done. The white vinyl edges are in excellent shape. As are the backs. It's just the black centre section on the bench that's come apart along with much of the stitching. The rest of the problems are just where stitching has come apart. If I have to sew the silly thing by hand I'll do it. In the meantime, I've got the front seat from my '52 in it. Can't use the back seat, but that's ok. There's just Nana and I anyway.

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Thanks anyway, John. I wouldn't be looking for a show quality cover, the car's just a driver. I can't afford anything else. No, all I need is the vinyl to replace the piece that has come apart. I'm going to resew the original upholstry and call it done. The white vinyl edges are in excellent shape. As are the backs. It's just the black centre section on the bench that's come apart along with much of the stitching. The rest of the problems are just where stitching has come apart. If I have to sew the silly thing by hand I'll do it. In the meantime, I've got the front seat from my '52 in it. Can't use the back seat, but that's ok. There's just Nana and I anyway.

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    I'm the guy that supplies the "driver" cover in modern vinyl and cloth for under $300, Phantom and SMS have the closer to show correct stuff if you have the money. I know Phantom can even have a custom interior rewoven from scratch, for 3-4K.

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    I'm the guy that supplies the "driver" cover in modern vinyl and cloth for under $300, Phantom and SMS have the closer to show correct stuff if you have the money. I know Phantom can even have a custom interior rewoven from scratch, for 3-4K.

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Yeah, well, that's what I figured. After all, in the kind of business that Historic and Phantom are in, they have to go out and beat the drum sometimes!

Thanks for the link to SMS! Gotta run for church, so I'll check it out tonight! Thanks folks!!

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Yeah, well, that's what I figured. After all, in the kind of business that Historic and Phantom are in, they have to go out and beat the drum sometimes!

Thanks for the link to SMS! Gotta run for church, so I'll check it out tonight! Thanks folks!!

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    Ron,

I doubt Historic will be able to help you with an exact fabric match, but Phantom might. I wouldn't be concerned about not getting a return call because both JDP and Rene were at York Friday AM when I got there. I second the recommendation to call SMS.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    Ron,

I doubt Historic will be able to help you with an exact fabric match, but Phantom might. I wouldn't be concerned about not getting a return call because both JDP and Rene were at York Friday AM when I got there. I second the recommendation to call SMS.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• bradnree
    replied
    SMS for sure. Call them on the phone first, and then send a sample.......................Brad

Leave a comment:

Working...
X