289 continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 289 continued

Before, in this forum, I mentioned that my 62 Lark Cruiser was having mechanical problems. It turns out that to permanently solve the problem I will need to rebuild the motor. The car has a rebuilt transmission, original insides and/or upholstry, great body and paint job and has served me well. I am considering selling it and putting the money into my 61 Lark,my first and favorite. Any opinions and/or advise is welcome. Thanks

David G. Nittler
    David G. Nittler

The typical questions...........
    Where is it?
    Where is the rust?
    How much do you want for it?

As far as opinions and advice?
    I would have no problem selling one to better the other.
    (My two daughters have other opinions about that, though)
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by drnittler

Before, in this forum, I mentioned that my 62 Lark Cruiser was having mechanical problems. It turns out that to permanently solve the problem I will need to rebuild the motor. The car has a rebuilt transmission, original insides and/or upholstry, great body and paint job and has served me well. I am considering selling it and putting the money into my 61 Lark,my first and favorite. Any opinions and/or advise is welcome. Thanks
    David G. Nittler

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The typical questions...........
      Where is it?
      Where is the rust?
      How much do you want for it?

As far as opinions and advice?
      I would have no problem selling one to better the other.
      (My two daughters have other opinions about that, though)
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by drnittler

David G. Nittler

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
      Brooklet, Georgia
      '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
      '61 Hawk (project)
      http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It is in south Texas Cotulla, TX near Laredo. No rust nice paint job etc. I want a fair price, I am not sure what that is yet.

David G. Nittler
        David G. Nittler

Comment

It is in south Texas Cotulla, TX near Laredo. No rust nice paint job etc. I want a fair price, I am not sure what that is yet.

David G. Nittler
          David G. Nittler

Comment

With an ailing engine, "fair price" isn't gonna be much. With the unknown of how bad the engine is (generally NOT well-determined until said engine is dissected and assesed - "it's got a knock" could mean that a new rod bearing would put it back on it's feet OR... the crankshaft's broken.), it's tough to put a dollar value on the cost of repairs (Couple hundred if you did the work yourself, up to several thousand - approaching the worth of a driver '62 Cruiser - if the work was done by an able shop). That unknown is gonna make any prospective buyer want to err to the worst case scenario thus diminishing the Lark's value quite a bit.
            "Original interior" can mean: it needs to be redone OR it's like new from little, or careful, use. We can't guess.
            You can come up with some sort of value and offer it here or in Turning Wheels or even on Craig's List, but with great photos and an honest, detailed description, ebay will tell you exactly what it's worth.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

With an ailing engine, "fair price" isn't gonna be much. With the unknown of how bad the engine is (generally NOT well-determined until said engine is dissected and assesed - "it's got a knock" could mean that a new rod bearing would put it back on it's feet OR... the crankshaft's broken.), it's tough to put a dollar value on the cost of repairs (Couple hundred if you did the work yourself, up to several thousand - approaching the worth of a driver '62 Cruiser - if the work was done by an able shop). That unknown is gonna make any prospective buyer want to err to the worst case scenario thus diminishing the Lark's value quite a bit.
              "Original interior" can mean: it needs to be redone OR it's like new from little, or careful, use. We can't guess.
              You can come up with some sort of value and offer it here or in Turning Wheels or even on Craig's List, but with great photos and an honest, detailed description, ebay will tell you exactly what it's worth.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X