This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy with stuff

First I want to say hello to all the Stude lovers out there. I happened to stumble on this site while looking for information about a 29/30 Erskine and it seems like there is a lot of information here. I'm just a kid (37) to some of you but I have a love of old cars that runs deep because of my dad. Between the two of us we have about 10 old cars ranging from the 20-50's (ok, and the wife's 71 convertible). Dad is in the process of getting rid of stuff so he can move to warmer climates and he needs to get rid of some cars. I don't like to jump right in and try selling stuff here, it doesn't set well with some I know. So...what he has is a 29 or 30 Erksine 4dr (I think it's a model 53W) that is complete and rustfree and a 36 Studebaker Dictator 4dr that I think is mainly just a shell (disassembled). If anyone has an interest in either of these you can email me and I'll check back from time to time. We are located in central Illinois. We would rather the cars go to Stude lovers than sell them at auction or ebay. Thanks, and I hope no one is offended by my post.
    Bill

Hi Willy, Welcome to Stude world!!!. I don't think there's any problem trying to sell cars here. Thing is,most people on here will tell you that to get an honest evaluation of the cars,put them on e-bay! You'll find that most of the people on this sight are keeping a keen eye on e-bay.If you search ebay for stude parts,you will find thousands of items,lots of those parts are for sale by dedicated studebaker lovers,vendors,SDC members,etc.
    Over the last few years,ebay has because THE World wide market place,who'd a thunk it??
    I'm Bob,[hdbob on e-bay] from LaSalle,Il .part time purveyor of used Studebaker cars and parts.And again,welcome to the sight!!!

not golden hawk,not silver hawk,just hawk.
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Bob. Yeah I've done the ebay thing a couple times selling cars, and it'll probably come to that with some of these eventually. Hopefully someone will make good use of them.!

Comment

Hey 52 we need to meet someday. I'm just down the road from you. I'm near Joliet. I was at the Earlville meet Saturday night. You didn't happen to make it did you?

Mike
        www.packardhawk.com

Comment

Hi Mike. No I didn't goto Earlville- I read fri and sat newspaper Sunday! The next Stude event I plan for is Moline,Il.-they had one heck of a nice show and swap meet last year. Don't know when it is,gotta keep watching TW,or maybe call someone in that chapter.
          I bet you know Bob Kapteyn-how is he doing?

not golden hawk,not silver hawk,just hawk.
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
          X