This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice commander in Yuba city 4sale

I saw this on the other forum yesterday. The owner is James Gowan(?). The car is in No. Cal. The price is negotiable 6-7k. James' phone number is 530-751-5126. You can see the car at: http://www.stude.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1074

She's a real beaut.[8D] I almost like her as much as the Cruiser in Minn. James says the car is probably a commander. It's the economy model and does'nt even have a heater. Sure is in nice condition though. In case any of you recognize it, this car was recently on e-bay.

Lotsa Larks!
    Studeclunker
    A.K.A: out2lunch

Yeah, that's the cheapest trim level Commander you could buy. But it IS easy on the eyes![] There's one of these in the Los Angeles area that was in our caravan to the national meet in Sacramento - it was even the same color! Great fun to cruise with 20-some other Studes on the interstate! What a treat to see so many beautiful machines in motion[:0] I'd much rather see ONE Studebaker in motion than a whole line of them with their hoods up in the air![^]
    I really think there ought to be a feature of the nationals where the cars would drive along a course - slowly. There's something about the light playing over the lines and glinting and shimmering off polished brightwork that's a real treat for the eyes - and the ears too! PArt of the treat would be the understated trob of V8s and the purr of sweet 6s[:I]

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

James used to live in the LA area. This may be the same car. Why is it all these great cars and trucks appear only when I'm totally broke?

Lotsa Larks!
      Studeclunker
      A.K.A: out2lunch
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I agree with Bob's/Mr. Biggs' comment about Studebakers moving. I have pushed for this at SDC International Meets. SDC has had drive through judging which allows you to view all of the cars in motion, rather than sitting with their "mouths" open.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X