This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of car is this?

This hawk is listed with as 1957 Hawk a project car. It looks to have 1956 fiberglass fins, and a GT roof line. Looks like a GT dash, but I can't tell if it is really installed or just hanging loose (big gaps at the door jam). The description says 1957, but I can't tell that. Looks like a GT with earlier fins grafted on. Anybody got a real way to tell?

Maybe it started out as a '57, but it's now a mongrel. I wonder what the maker had in mind. Looks like a huge project which will never amount to a car worth anything. Just my opinion.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I would say it's a 62-to-64 GT Hawk going by the roof-line & the 62 GT hood with a earlier Hawk grill shell.The trunk lid is also off a 57-58 Hawk.All in all a real mish-mash & not worth bothering with except for the parts it may yield

Comment

trunk lid is actually '56 as are fins. Doors are 57-64.

Looks like it could be made to drive fairly easily... but the schizophrenic connection of body parts...?!

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        62 Daytona hardtop
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

That serial # says it started life as a 1956 Golden Hawk from the Los Angeles plant. ('56 was the last year of operation for the LA plant)
          A good look at the body tag might confirm that.

Miscreant at large.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

looks like a parts car to me

RANDY

Comment

Working...
            X