X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kdancy
    replied
    Primarily the side rails. That much would help a lot.

53commander HDTP
    53 Champion HDTP
    64 Champ long bed V8
    64 GT

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I got an oil pan gasket once in its original packaging. A sort of antique, I suppose, but in half a century the cork had shrunk and it would only fit a much smaller engine.....[xx(]
    Peter.

Leave a comment:

• 64Avanti
    replied
    When you ask about the oil pan gasket are you talking about all of the gaskets or just the side rails. I have some side rail gaskets that are not cork.

David L

Leave a comment:

• okiebob
    replied
    Thanks guys, I've got the gaskets ordered. Now I need help with the air filter. I assume (I know never assume anything) it's the original dry type air filter. The shop manual says there were both oil, and dry types. Where do you find an air filter. I've searched some vendors, checked the auto parts stores around here, and can't find one to fit.

Thanks, OkieBob

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    I wish they did, but I've never seen any.

64 Challenger (Green Wrapper)
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    55 Speedster
    50 2R 10 truck

Leave a comment:

• Kdancy
    replied
    Does anyone make or sell an oil pan gasket that is not "cork"?

53commander HDTP
    53 Champion HDTP
    64 Champ long bed V8
    64 GT

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Big guy, I could not agree more with you here. Ed Reynolds, and his people do a great job supplying things we need, and he will treat you as nice as you treat him I have found.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I will stand up for SI here. If they are selling these for overhaul sets, they simply can't afford to piss you off to where you won't go back to them for parts in the future. Underhanded dealings get told about pretty fast in the Stude community. I'll use any brand of gasket (even home-made!) if it fits and does the job.

Miscreant at large.
    Sam Roberts

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I will stand up for SI here. If they are selling these for overhaul sets, they simply can't afford to piss you off to where you won't go back to them for parts in the future. Underhanded dealings get told about pretty fast in the Stude community. I'll use any brand of gasket (even home-made!) if it fits and does the job.

Miscreant at large.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Overhaul Gaskets

Overhaul Gaskets

Hi guys, well I'm getting ready to try and stop the oil leaks on the 50 Starlight Coupe. Studebaker International has a overhaul set for $99.95, but most other vendors are $160.00 a set, and they are fel-pro's. I called Stude Int. and they put their sets together from individual gaskets, and said they thought some were fel-pro. Is it worth the extra $60 to ensure all gaskets or fel-pro.

Thanks, OkieBob

P.S. I love my studebaker!!
Working...
X