This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 2R-5

Well, I've been a proud Stude owner for almost three weeks now and the bug has definately bitten my butt, but good. I drove my Champ to a small town about 20 miles away on the rumour that there was another old Stude truck in someone's yard.
    The rumour turned out to be true. There is a 1951 2R-5 (fairly sure of the model number) with a straight 6 (170 cid?) with three on the tree. The hood was shot, there was some rust on the body. The fenders and glass were good and the tailgate was almost perfect. It would make a hell of a project. And I know the guy would sell. I know how much he wants, but how much should he get is the question.
    Of course, if I was to buy it, my wife would kill me. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, c'est l'amour. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Kevin - there's actualy a 12-step program for Studebakeritis. It's costly, but when you bring home that 12th Studebaker, you'll know the scope of your affliction.[:0]

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr Biggs, So what you're telling me, basicly is,"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"!! Kevin

1963 Champ

Comment

Kev, you're summed it up pretty good! It DOES help to have an understand spouse tho.[:X] If you're REALLY lucky, you'll have one like mine, who's developing into an able Stude-spotter and will TELL you when and where she made a sighting.[:0] Part of the GROOMING of such a mate is seeing to it that you SHARE the driving of your Stude fleet with said spouse on occassion.

Miscreant at large.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

One treatment is to use a little psychology. For instance, you let your wife see a very pretty Studebaker that she falls in love with. It worked for me. My wife saw a GT Hawk some years ago and had to have one. We found one in Natchitoches, LA of all places!! We start the body work this weekend... she's ready to drive it... except on Easter weekends!

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker
          Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Comment

When I met my wife, Cathy, in 1961, we both drove Studebakers as our only cars. Some 50-60 Studebakers later, she knows more about Studebakers than many SDC members. She is usually the one urging me to buy a Studebaker, rather than the other way around. After having as many as ten cars at a time, I now limit myself to one hobby car at a time.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I can't get my wife excited about cars period! I constantly point out things to her when we're on the highway and she couldn't be less interested. As far as driving the Champ, forget it. No power steering. A Hawk might do the trick though. Oh yeah, I got my nos ignition switch from SASCO today, complete with a set of Stude keys! So, is anyone interested in that old 2R-5 I mentioned? Kevin in the Stoogebaker.

1963 Champ

Comment

I know a chap like that! He's got a beautiful 54 coupe and his wife won't even SET in it let alone go for a ride therein! Her loss, I figure.

Miscreant at large.

Comment

quote:I know a chap like that! He's got a beautiful 54 coupe and his wife won't even SET in it let alone go for a ride therein! Her loss, I figure.
                  I think I know that guy.

But, the good news is, she WILL point out Studes when she spots them, and indulges me while I kick tires.

It's OK, I understand. I don't ask her to go to car shows, she doesn't ask me to spend time at quilting bees.[xx(]

Dave
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

[:I]Just think how many quilts you could haul in Goliath!

steve blake
                    steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Hey dude! I think Steve may HAVE AN ANGLE there![:0]

Miscreant at large.

Comment

Can you see Golaith at a quilting bee? [V]
                        sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                        X