Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1949 Starlight Coupe - the only one here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love those biz coupes! My favorite Stude changes regularly, but the regular holders of the top spot on the list are early C-Ks, postwar biz coupes, and late prewar biz coupes... just purely for styling but most are nice drivers too when fixed up right.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Why thank you guys .. My dad and I just completed the body-off resto of it a few months back. The boys at the sand-blasting place were drooling over this car when I took it in. A perfect condition shell just ready to throw a big block in and drag it !! ha ha. With the exception of a hole about the size of a baseball in the left rear quarter panel this car was rust free. Originally from Mississippi. It is a Custom model and is complete with the exception of the mud guards on the back fenders. Just been too lazy or too cheap to order new ones from Newman-Altman or Packard Farm or wherever.

Mr. Biggs - this car too was in pieces, in fact I had all the parts all labelled and strewn out across the basement much to the amusement of my friends and family !! [8D]

Comment

Hi again!

@STUDEGARY: Thanks for the info on the production sheet through the Studebaker National Museum. I will order one for my car and I think, this will look great on shows framed behind the windshield!
        Let's see, if the Turning Wheels from February will reach me within the next weeks. I hope so...

@BANDIT: Thanks a lot for your commendation about Germany. For me, I like Germany, but I love the USA. For business trips if been many times to Detroit, Chicago or Los Angeles, for holiday I've been to Florida two times and for producing a book I was four weeks in California in may last year. I've also been to Woodward Dream Cruise in 2000. It was unbelievable!!! And there will be many more trips to the States, just have to save some money.
        WOW, Bandit, you're Stude looks really beautiful! I love the Bullett-Nose!!! Is this mint green the original color? What was the exact name of it? Is it "mint green" or was it called somehow different?

@MR. BIGGS: I had a 1951 Pontiac Cheiftain before. It was also totally in pieces. But - believe me: There will be an end of work and the great moment of driving your "brand new" old car!!!

Yesterday I was driving my Stude a bit around the country here in Germany. At about 23 Degrees Fahrenheit it suddenly started to snow. So, it was the first time for my Stude from California beeing presented to these little snow crystals. And so I made my way cruising back to his garage as fast as the Stude can (which means somehow slow!) .

BR,

Bjoern alias BigB

Livin' in Germany: 1949 Studebaker Champion Regal Deluxe Starlight Coupe

Comment

I think that envy has turned me the same delicate shade of green. What a lovely little car!
          Peter.

Comment

Big B,

I know well, the thrill of driving what used to be a pile of parts, down the road. My Stude truck started out as a bare frame and now has more miles on it than I can remember.[:0]
            I've got TOO MANY Studebaker project vehicles here and my primary focus at the moment is the 1953 Commander Coupe I found last May. I hope to be able to drive it to the SDC International meet in Spokane Washington, this coming August.[8D]
            Besides the 51 Business Coupe, there's a 57 President 2-door sedan, a 55 President Classic as well. I also have a '60 Lark convertible that's a driver and looks pretty sharp.
            I've probably had 75 or more Studebakers pass through my hands in the past 32 years of Studebakering. I love all old cars but Studebakers are the cars I'm primarily interested in.

Miscreant at large.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BigB

Hi again!
              @BANDIT: Thanks a lot for your commendation about Germany. For me, I like Germany, but I love the USA. For business trips if been many times to Detroit, Chicago or Los Angeles, for holiday I've been to Florida two times and for producing a book I was four weeks in California in may last year. I've also been to Woodward Dream Cruise in 2000. It was unbelievable!!! And there will be many more trips to the States, just have to save some money.
              WOW, Bandit, you're Stude looks really beautiful! I love the Bullett-Nose!!! Is this mint green the original color? What was the exact name of it? Is it "mint green" or was it called somehow different?
              The states are definitely a beautiful place to explore and spend time. If you ever end up out in western Canada, let me know, the rockies are stunningly beautiful as well if you haven't seen them.

As for the car, this colour is as close to original as possible, I took the paint chip to my body guy and he matched it up as close as possible. It is very similar to 1972 Ford oddly enough. The actual name of the original colour escapes me at the moment, it is not mint green, that is just my description of it to people.

Comment

@MR. BIGGS: Just one word: WOW! I'm very impressed that you had more than 75 Studes in your whole career as a Studebaker-Fan! My modell 1949 is my first Stude, but as because of the fact that I'm working for CHROME & FLAMES Magazine, Europe's monthly published print mag no. 1 about US-Cars and Trucks from the 1930's up to new car tests, I - with my 28 years of age - had at least many chances to see Studes on shows.
                Do you have some pics of your present and past cars? I would love to see them...

@BANDIT: I haven't seen the Rockies yet, but I would love to!!! I've been to Canada only one time - Christmas in 2000, but it was the east coast (Montreal). I loved the place. For me it's totally different to the States!
                For 1951 Studebaker had the following green colours: Aqua Green, Shenandoah Green and Rio Green.

BR,

Bjoern

Livin' in Germany: 1949 Studebaker Champion Regal Deluxe Starlight Coupe

Comment

Hallo Bjoern ..

Yes, I do believe my car is supposed to be Rio Green, the Shenandoah is quite nice but a little darker to my recollection.

Cool that you visited Montreal, however it isn't technically the "east coast" !! It's several hundred more kilometres to the Atlantic Ocean from there Montreal is incredible in the summer, the winter is too cold and snowy for my liking there.

Comment

Working...
                  X