This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone need 2R11 parts?

There is a whole (okay, mostly there) '52 3/4 ton pickup with the big 6 for sale in Wisconsin. Sure it has issues, but it looks like it could be a good donor vehicle for someone. Current price of $55.00, no reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...24806228QQrdZ1

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

The owner get's this year Fender of the Year Award.

Comment

The owner get's this year Fender of the Year Award.

Comment

Has anyone here heard of someone putting a Commander Six into a Lark that came with an OHV 170 cu. in. six cylinder? Would you?

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon
        Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Has anyone here heard of someone putting a Commander Six into a Lark that came with an OHV 170 cu. in. six cylinder? Would you?

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

I've thought about putting a BIG 6 in a mid-50s sedan. Maybe I should go see if that 245s still in that truck in Fresno! No - I've got too much on my plate already.[V]

BTW, I've got a Climatizer and 6V OD relay that I scavenged off that wrecking yard truck on ebay right now, if anyone's interested.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've thought about putting a BIG 6 in a mid-50s sedan. Maybe I should go see if that 245s still in that truck in Fresno! No - I've got too much on my plate already.[V]

BTW, I've got a Climatizer and 6V OD relay that I scavenged off that wrecking yard truck on ebay right now, if anyone's interested.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I can't tell you any details, but there used to be a guy around here who had a Commander 6 in a '53 coupe. He always complained about it running hot, don't if he needed a bigger radiator for the Commander engine or what. Kind of a strange set up, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.
                Joe Roberts
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I can't tell you any details, but there used to be a guy around here who had a Commander 6 in a '53 coupe. He always complained about it running hot, don't if he needed a bigger radiator for the Commander engine or what. Kind of a strange set up, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.
                  Joe Roberts
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

Well the '60 Champ pickups had the option of the big six so I guess it might be possible - might.

1960 Lark VI - finally turned 50k in August of 2006

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

Well the '60 Champ pickups had the option of the big six so I guess it might be possible - might.

1960 Lark VI - finally turned 50k in August of 2006

Comment

Working...
                      X