This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• los angeles studebaker assembly plant

I am trying to find out the location where the assembly plant in los angles was? If any one knows the location or address please let me know. I want to drive my 62 GT HAWK by the location for nostalgic
    purposes. thanks.

Dan,
    It was in Vernon - now part of Los Angeles but at the time it was sort of a dedicated industrial complex. It's been 20 years now but I was actualy INSIDE the building that was the main plant. The irony is that I didn't realize that fact until AFTER I'd been there!
    I was involved in selling industrial control systems at the time and I made a prospect call on a small sheet metal fab company that was using a small portion of that brick building.
    I don't recall what the address was but I do know that the building was razed some years ago to clear the way for new construction.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hi Bob, Thanks for the info. Dan

Comment

I think that the address of the Studebaker plant was 4530 Loma Vista in Vernon.

'48 M5
        '65 Wagonaire
        www.studegarage.com
        Gary Ash
        Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
        ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
        '48 M5
        '65 Wagonaire Commander
        '63 Wagonaire Standard
        web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

That address is interesting. I wonder if the name Loma Gray for the interior metal trim in '53s comes from that street name.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Turning Wheels had a article on it a while back. There may be some p letters on it in later issues.

Comment

Working...
            X