Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB Swap lesson- pay attention!!

Check out this beauty from last week's SB swap meet:

I wondered why anybody would bother to drag it in. Nevertheless I took a look and a picture, like I always do. I thought I saw a price of $500 on it. Never gave it another thought.

Later I was walking with a friend (who shall remain nameless) and noticed the old Champ was gone. Mentioned it to the friend who wasn't surprised it was gone; he said it had a Jet Thrust engine![:0]

It never occured to me to check the engine number... I don't know who ever would?

Can anyone verify this? If it's true a lot of us have egg all over our faces[B)] This thing has been nagging me ever since.....

True or not, just goes to teach me: one needs to pay attention- you never know what you'll find!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Ephesians 6:10-17

Air-cooled at that!!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

[}]Thanks, now I'm kicking myself for not looking at it![V][xx(] Ole' well, no room for it anyway.

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
      Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
      1963 Prototype cart built by Studebaker.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Do all of the JT engines have a 3rd fuel line from the pump? Steve

sigpic

Comment

I now know how to get rid of some rusty hulks I have setting in the pasture.LOL (Sale a $750 front Hawk fender attached to a rusty hulk and some tires that the dump won't take.)

Ebon...

"I sweat alot to keep others cool"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wolfie

Do all of the JT engines have a 3rd fuel line from the pump? Steve

I would think just the JTS (or is JS?) engines.

Ebon...

"I sweat alot to keep others cool"

Comment

Bob, I looked at this one also, but didn;t check the engine #. I was looking for 582 heads, and this one did not have those casting #. I don't recall what the # was either, so now I'm wondering also. It'd be interesting to find out. B.V.

Comment

I would've taken it for $500.....I should think the trailer was worth that much..

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Check out this beauty from last week's SB swap meet:

I wondered why anybody would bother to drag it in. Nevertheless I took a look and a picture, like I always do. I thought I saw a price of $500 on it. Never gave it another thought.

Later I was walking with a friend (who shall remain nameless) and noticed the old Champ was gone. Mentioned it to the friend who wasn't surprised it was gone; he said it had a Jet Thrust engine![:0]

It never occured to me to check the engine number... I don't know who ever would?

Can anyone verify this? If it's true a lot of us have egg all over our faces[B)] This thing has been nagging me ever since.....

True or not, just goes to teach me: one needs to pay attention- you never know what you'll find!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                  Ephesians 6:10-17

No Avanti damper, or fuel pump, at best a Avanti long block just like the one I have on ebay right now..

JDP Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

I can't imagine sticking a Jet Thrust engine in a Champ and then reinstalling the existing generator.
                    I was going to post a copy of the picture I took of this Champ and add a caption stating "Floors not included".
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

The truck had engine number JTS-36 and this is the same number engine that was in my 64 Hawk package R2 car. This 64 was the LA show car.The engine is on the engine stand in Kentucy already and the rest is in the scrap yard. Kept the frame as it is in very good condition Scott

Comment

The truck had engine number JTS-36 and this is the same number engine that was in my 64 Hawk package R2 car. This 64 was the LA show car.The engine is on the engine stand in Kentucy already and the rest is in the scrap yard. Kept the frame as it is in very good condition Scott

Comment

Nice going Scott, sounds like you got a good deal afterall. It pays to know what you are looking at.

Museum wall grafitti.

In the middle of Minnestudea
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Scott

Not only great that the engine found it's way into your chassis but that you were astute enough to recognize it for what it is.

KUDOOS[]

Bob

Comment

A few years ago at Charlotte Autofair I saw a rusty 56 or 57 four door. I opened the hood and looked at the block to see a JTS engine. This should have been one of those stories of a great find but the guy was asking 6 or 7 thousand dollars for a $500 car.

Jack White
                              Charlotte,NC
                              North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Jack White
                              Charlotte,NC
                              North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Working...
                              X