Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chucks Stude
    replied
    Yes, Anne sold me one. Thanks anyway. I am sure that I will be trolling for other stuff. I have a lot to do on this car.

Leave a comment:

• Chucks Stude
    replied
    Yes, Anne sold me one. Thanks anyway. I am sure that I will be trolling for other stuff. I have a lot to do on this car.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Well, Chuck, I offered you the set or just one off of my Daytona. I guess if you are going elsewhere that keeps my set complete.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Well, Chuck, I offered you the set or just one off of my Daytona. I guess if you are going elsewhere that keeps my set complete.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• Chucks Stude
    replied
    Anne, I knew that you were my hero. Anyone with a Gus has got to be a good person. How can we arrange sale of a drum?

Leave a comment:

• Chucks Stude
    replied
    Anne, I knew that you were my hero. Anyone with a Gus has got to be a good person. How can we arrange sale of a drum?

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Hmm I think that I have a full set of brake drums. Have a 62 Lark with a V8 as parts car

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Hmm I think that I have a full set of brake drums. Have a 62 Lark with a V8 as parts car

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    If it was a V8 Lark - yes.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    If it was a V8 Lark - yes.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Will a 61 Lark rear drum fit?

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Will a 61 Lark rear drum fit?

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Chucks Stude
    replied
    If anyone sees a rear brake drum (finned, or unfinned) that will fit a 62 GT please let me know. I took my egg shaped one to a machine shop, and they are afraid that they will break it... too much egg. Looks like the car may have been dropped on the brake drum.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Chucks Stude
    replied
    If anyone sees a rear brake drum (finned, or unfinned) that will fit a 62 GT please let me know. I took my egg shaped one to a machine shop, and they are afraid that they will break it... too much egg. Looks like the car may have been dropped on the brake drum.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Dan; I am not on the East Coast so I can not meet you at York, but it's good to have you with us, and I hope you find a nice Studebaker. You asked about the serial numbers & somehow it got lost in the "York" hipe.

Studebaker serial numbers did not really have a "system" until 1959, if you find a pre-1959 the only clue is the Champions use "G" starting numbers, so if you see a V-8 with a "G" serial you know it is modified. Commanders & Presidents just have a Usually 7 degit #. Of course if you had a copy of one of the front pages from a Stude. Body or Chassis Parts Catalog, or as one guy I know...a hand held mini-computer of some sort that had both entire Catalogs from CD Disk downloaded to it so he could pick up any part at a swap meet and I.D. it's part #! Anyway it's all broken down by starting serial of each year.

After 1958 they started a new system. All 6 Cyl. cars are "59S" prefix, all 8 cyl. cars are 59V, 60V etc. up to 64S,64V then 64SC 64VC Canada for the late '64's that were made in Canada & Imported to U.S. Then from there, the Canadian system took over and it's completely different, and is way beyond your scope of interest, since you want a '57.

A 1957 Silver Hawk 8, is considered a President because of the standard 289 engine, so it's starting serial would be 7,188,901. Silver Hawk 6's are Champions and start at: G-1,379,201 '58's start at 7,210,001 and 6's at G-1,405,401

And YES, the serial number plate is stainless steel & welded on the driver's forward door POST with 2 or more electric welds.

You would want to look for a "P" (call it President) starting Engine number in a '57 SH 8, to be sure someone has not put a 259 "V" code engine in it. [^]

quote:Originally posted by DWard

If anyone knows what that string of numbers looks like, that would be good information for me to have.
    Usually, vin numbers for cars follow a certain(" protocol" ) like 3 letters and a string of say 7 numbers or the like.
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X