Turning Wheels question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Wheels question

As I got my trailer fully packed yesterday for the trip to York, I took a few minutes today to sort through my old Turning Wheels magazines to see which ones I am missing. Turns out I do not have 11 copies from the time I joined in 1974 to present (where the hell is my November 2006 copy)? I thought that I might be able to pick up the missing ones at York.

I could probably come up with a good set of trivia questions (i.e. first color glossy cover, the mislabed month, etc.). However, one thing struck me as odd. In four months in 1975 (March, May, June and July) and two in 1977 (January and April) there was a price of $1.00 on the cover. Given that TW was never distributed outside the club, what was the purpose of the pricing? Did it relate to the cost charged for back issues?

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Guido
    I'm a little surprised that no one has responded to this. At least none of the other antique members like myself(since 1968)! IIRC, the club flirted briefly with the idea of putting a limited number of TW on newsstands. I think that was dropped quicly because the club didn't have the resources for something that large. I think it was also done with the idea of selling them at major swap meets and, as you suggested, with the idea of selling back issues.

Terry
    PS You responded to my post about TW a while back, but my replies to you were kicked back three times.

Comment

Guido
      I'm a little surprised that no one has responded to this. At least none of the other antique members like myself(since 1968)! IIRC, the club flirted briefly with the idea of putting a limited number of TW on newsstands. I think that was dropped quicly because the club didn't have the resources for something that large. I think it was also done with the idea of selling them at major swap meets and, as you suggested, with the idea of selling back issues.

Terry
      PS You responded to my post about TW a while back, but my replies to you were kicked back three times.

Comment

Terry,

Thanks for the response. Nothing like looking at over 30 years of issues to put them in order and then determine which ones are missing to pick up these little things. I probably should put up a few trivia questions based on what I gleaned the other day.

Hopefully the link for my e-mail is now working. Mr. Shaw was having problems with Verizon, which is my ISP. If you need me, my address is thehearns at verizon dot net.

Gary

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

Terry,

Thanks for the response. Nothing like looking at over 30 years of issues to put them in order and then determine which ones are missing to pick up these little things. I probably should put up a few trivia questions based on what I gleaned the other day.

Hopefully the link for my e-mail is now working. Mr. Shaw was having problems with Verizon, which is my ISP. If you need me, my address is thehearns at verizon dot net.

Gary

Comment

Working...
          X