Cool jacket from Lionel Stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool jacket from Lionel Stone

Saw this and forgot about it, or might have bid; even though I wear XL. Very neat, but a bit sad to see it on eBay too:

http://tinyurl.com/2b8made

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Ephesians 6:10-17

I agree. I had no idea my dad's stuff would end up on ebay. Oh well...maybe it was my fantasy that everything went to people who loved them as much as my dad did.
    Paula

Comment

Was this Mr.Stone's personal jacket? If not, is there any more left? I would really like to have one, like for meets, shows, ect.

Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Paula, for what it's worth I'm willing to bet that it ended up in the hands of a real Stude fan, and with your Dad's reputation maybe a Lionel Stone fan specifically. Yes it's a little sad, but while car parts will go where they will, personal items like this are bought by fans. I'm sure it will turn up as a displayed item in someones collection[^]

All the best to you and to Lionel.

Comment

Hello - I won the coat on ebay. I am a new Studebaker fan and have just bought a 50 Starlight coupe to restore. I will proudly wear the coat when I am out cruzin!

Buck

Comment

Welcome Buck. You now have two Studebaker prizes. Wear the jacket proudly and be sure to post pictures of your restoration project. Feel free to ask questions because you will be amazed at the amount of Studebaker knowledge on this site.

Doug
            Venice, Florida
            1950 Champion
            9G F1

Comment

Thanks Doug. The car is a 'major' project. I will have to finish my 68 Mustang before I get to it. I am looking forward to the Stude though.

Comment

Buck,
                If it weren't for Lionel, and a hand full of others, we wouldn't be here. PLEASE, do him proud.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Thanks everyone for the nice messages about my dad Lionel and his 'jacket'. He'll be at the Antique Stude NW Zone meet in Bellingham, Washington this September so stop by and say hello if you want.
                  Paula

Comment

Working...
                  X