Information on 2010 Tri-State Meet

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...NzFlNzU4&hl=en

Jack White
    Charlotte,NC
    North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Jack White
    Charlotte,NC
    North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

I wanted to go but my wife is having her 50th Wedding Anniversary on Sept. 10 so that spoiled the car show. Maybe next year.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
    Studebaker Diners Club

Comment

If you are not going - when are YOU having your anniversary get together?

Just "ribbing" ya - my wife & friends are always kidding me that I need to get a Studebaker the same year (month & day) as ours so that I would never forget the date. (hmmm need to check the build date on some cars!)

Comment

It's on our calendar. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Bring your model cars for the display - we'll have a great area to use.
        See you in September!

This is my first ever posting on the forum - be kind

Linda White
        NC SDC

Comment

Just got back from a quick Saturday visit to the Tri-State meet in Lake Januluska
          (I have a hard time not saying Wobegone)

T'was raining pretty hard most of the time I was there...
          Did see, for the first time in my life, and actual crank in the front of a Ccab....
          Jeff

Here are a few pic's..
          http://rides.webshots.com/album/578558043XzRxAV
          Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 09-11-2010, 06:58 PM.
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            Just got back from a quick Saturday visit to the Tri-State meet in Lake Januluska

Did see, for the first time in my life, and actual crank in the front of a Ccab....
            Jeff

Here are a few pic's..
            http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...78355120tnjHdG

Hey Jeff, I just got back as well. How did I miss you? i went up yesterday(in brand X), bought a few pieces of junk...er...treasures, registered and drove home planning to return this morning with my coupe. However, when I got up about 6:AM and saw the rain, I decided to only take my model car display and leave the coupe in the man cave.

So, I drove up in the Dodge truck this morning, set up the model display, bought a few more swap meet items, paid my N.C. SDC dues (I have dual memberships with the S.C. and N.C. chapters), swapped some Studebaker stories with old friends, ate lunch and came home. Attendance was down which I attribute to the rain, economy, and possibly the change of location. However, the Meyers were there from Ohio, one gentleman from N.J., some from Virginia. In the past, we have had visitors from Arizona, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Did you get a good look at that "Sleeper" '58 Scotsman 2 Door sedan David Walker showed up with? To me the meet is always worth it just to see what David will bring next!
            Overall, I had a good time but had to cut it short because of this blasted summer cold I have come down with.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Here's a quick panorama video...

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Well...I did make your video. As you rotated around where the Meyer's trailer is in the background, I am the guy with the car shirt, baggy jeans, and ball cap examining some of the parts spread out on the floor.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

As I said, it was a quick visit.
                  Was raining pretty hard when we arrived.
                  Immediately started chatting with all the Myer's gang, and with Rene Harger, Ed Burris, and Jack White...and several others while it was raining.
                  Did a quick lap of the show field, chatted a bit more, and then scooted on back to Greenville.
                  Sorry to have missed you (or other forum regulars)

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                  Well...I did make your video. As you rotated around where the Meyer's trailer is in the background, I am the guy with the car shirt, baggy jeans, and ball cap examining some of the parts spread out on the floor.

Jeff

Comment

Believe me Jeff, you didn't miss anything by passing me by this time. As miserable as I am with this cold, I wouldn't have been pleasant company. I have attended the Tri-state meet since the mid 70's and look forward to it every year. As I made my way up the mountains without my Studebaker, I went through an emotional roller-coaster about my decision to drive brand X. Not far from home, the road was dry and I was wishing I had driven the coupe. As I topped the big hill at the state line, it began raining again and I thought I had made the right decision. Then between Hendersonville and Asheville, the road was dry again and even the sky looked better. However, as I reached the exit off I-40, sprinkles had arrived again and by the time I had parked and made my way under the shelter at the field, it was a virtual downpour.

I would like to thank the N.C. folks for their efforts over the years in organizing and conducting this meet. I just hope they don't get too discouraged when circumstances beyond their control causes attendance to fall off. Since I didn't bring my car, the lady at registration offered me a refund. I merely asked her to apply the difference to my club dues. I also gave generous donations for the food. When ever possible, we need to support the efforts of those willing to give their time and skills in organizing these events.

Last year, I overheard a gentleman complaining about the price of registration. What struck me was how ignorant and boorish his comments were and even felt a little ashamed because it was like a bit of an "echo" from my past, as I probably had made similar complaints years ago before I had ever tried to hold an office or attempt to help in event organization. I just hope everyone had a good time and makes it home safe.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I really wanted to go this year but I had too much on my plate. If there is a tri-state meet next year, I will be there. No Studezillas, Cruiser monsters or even brand X 4 wheeled devices will keep me from going to the meet!<G>
                      Jamie McLeod
                      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                      1958 Commander "Christine"
                      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                      1955 Commander Sedan
                      1964 Champ
                      1960 Lark

Comment

Oh well !

i Had plans to drive up early Saturday am (as I did last year) until I saw the weather forecasts !
                        sigpic
                        1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
                        Lewisville,NC

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
                          I really wanted to go this year but I had too much on my plate. If there is a tri-state meet next year, I will be there. No Studezillas, Cruiser monsters or even brand X 4 wheeled devices will keep me from going to the meet!<G>
                          Hopefully the Cruiser Monster will be driven to Tri-State next year.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Jeff

Here are a few pic's..
                            http://rides.webshots.com/album/578558043XzRxAV
                            That truck belongs to Kevin Jenkins, a former Eastern NC Chapter member. He and his family now live only a short distance from where this year's event was held. It was always a crowed draw when he brought that truck to car shows, as he would start the truck using the crank. It is so quiet that many times he had to show people the engine to prove it was indeed running. He used to get a lot of excersise cranking that truck over and over again for the crowds it drew.
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

As I said, it was a quick visit.
                              Was raining pretty hard when we arrived.
                              Immediately started chatting with all the Myer's gang, and with Rene Harger, Ed Burris, and Jack White...and several others while it was raining.
                              Did a quick lap of the show field, chatted a bit more, and then scooted on back to Greenville.
                              Sorry to have missed you (or other forum regulars)
                              I missed you by it must have been just minutes, based on your video. Between the rain and it being Jane's birthday I made a quick in-an-out visit as well.
                              Ron Dame
                              '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
                              X