From MN to South Bend on May 6 in my Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From MN to South Bend on May 6 in my Studebaker

I plan on leaving around 7am on Thursday morning (May 6th) from Milaca, Minnesota for South Bend in my 1963 Hawk. If anybody would like to convoy with me, you are welcome to. I'm getting excited, anxious and a little nervous about the journey, hope to see a bunch of you in Indiana.

Love birds...Red Hawks in mating season.
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Milica,did you get a email from Prager?

Comment

Brent, I would be happy to convoy with you to South Bend, unfortunately, I'm already there.[]

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
      Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
      1963 Prototype cart built by Studebaker.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

Milica,did you get a email from Prager?
        No, I don't think so. Is this in referrence to a previous posting about him asking me to bring a case of Grain Belt beer with?

Prager, if your serious about this request, let me know and I will see if I can purchase a case locally.
        sigpic

Comment

Convoying is a great tradition within SDC.
          Even Studebakers are not immune from occasional mechanical difficulties. We used to carry CB radios to keep in touch with each other. Procure the cell phone numbers of those you convoy with.
          CB radios, while antiquated, are still more instantaneous than cell phones.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Will be leaving the So Side of Chicago early thurs with a small Stude caravan. Good Luck on the trip and anxious to meet up with you in So Bend! Just look for a white 63 Avanti(R-3) powered,61 black primered wagon and my son with our black 64 Supercharged Commander. Will also be caravaning with 64 Daytona Hardtop and a 63 R-3 Lark Custom. Ed

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

I'm getting excited, anxious and a little nervous about the journey, hope to see a bunch of you in Indiana.
              You and me both. [8D] I'll be there waitin' on ya.

Comment

I've been waiting...

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
                Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
                1963 Prototype cart built by Studebaker.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

I would like to go, and will try to be there, but unfortunately my Studebaker still needs the gas tank and fuel line purge to remove the issue I am having with the fuel system.

Comment

Yes sir to the Grain Belt.I will make sure he emails you.Thanks!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

Yes sir to the Grain Belt.I will make sure he emails you.Thanks!!
                      I didnt know that anyone preferred Grain Belt over other beers. Perhaps most Minnesotans take it for granted being that it's brewed here.
                      sigpic

Comment

Do they still brew that crap???? I figured it went out when the clean water act came in, you know something like Hamms, Schmidt, and a few others...been there done that. back in 73 my brother asked me to bring him a few cases of Coors since back then you could not get it east of the Rockies, so since I was driving my 60 Studebaker pick up with a slide in camper I put 37 cases in the closet for him, like I said been there do that, have a good trip Brent, and enjoy South Bend...Bob

Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

GOD: I wish I could go, But this old man will be couped up in the darn Hospital. Man I have always wanted to carravan with a bunch of Studebaker's. I always enjoyed our short tours. That is why I am trying to start a New chapter here in The Beautiful Northern California area. Drive safe and enjoy.
                          Raymond F. Pittam
                          Redding, Ca.

Raymond F. Pittam

Comment

Bob: I still have a full 2 gallon Hamms Alunimum Cage tank. It was in 1957 when I was discharged from the army when it was bought. It was left over from my comming home party. I haul it around sometimes in my studebaker Hillbily Wagon just for show.
                            Raymond F. Pittam
                            Redding, Ca.

Raymond F. Pittam

Comment

Bob: I used to Boot Leg Coors to California when I was hauling swinging beef from Denver. I could make more money doing that than trucking. LOL The truth come out! That was in the 1970's also.
                              Raymond F. Pittam
                              redding, Ca.

Raymond F. Pittam

Comment

Working...
                              X