Hi-end custom truck at bargain price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-end custom truck at bargain price!

This truck is an example of the type of vehicle that dampens my enthusiasm for building my own custom[xx(] He says he has receipts for $65K and I believe it! Now for sale for less than half that:

http://tinyurl.com/236br5a

Just a fabulous build- personally I wouldn't change a thing! It's been available on and off for over a year, and I'm always in awe. If I had the money I'd have already hit the BIN[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Ephesians 6:10-17

quote:Originally posted by bams50

This truck is an example of the type of vehicle that dampens my enthusiasm for building my own custom[xx(] He says he has receipts for $65K and I believe it! Now for sale for less than half that:

http://tinyurl.com/236br5a

Just a fabulous build- personally I wouldn't change a thing! It's been available on and off for over a year, and I'm always in awe. If I had the money I'd have already hit the BIN[]
    I'm with you on this one, just totaly awesome, you gotta love the truck and respect the talent. But my bank card just won' t cough up the dough.So i guess i'll just have to enjoy the pictures.

Comment

An awesome build for sure []

I wouldn't mind owning this one either:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1709654643.html

http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Comment

Bob, having worked for the last four years with a friend in his restoration shop, I can atest to your reluctance to build a custom. I am the alter ego here and my roll is tell give people a dose of reality when comes to restorations. In other words you better have deep deep pockets to accomplish it. In most cases, just as you again point out you go to sell and suddenly you find your 65K investment may be worth o more than 50% of the total cost. I find buying a restored car is far more sensible than doing it yourself. Sorry for the lecture but i del with it daily.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

That is a really nice truck for about .1% of the SDC market and 1% of the hot rod market. That it has been offered for sale for years now is proof of the limited appeal at the asking price. A custom is one man's vision of perfection and not necessarily anyone else with that much money will see it the same way. For instance, the flames, wide whites and chrome wheels ruin it for me.

Here's fifty years of experience building customs, hot rods and restorations - figure to get back half what you told your wife you spent on new parts and labor and nothing for any of your own labor and used parts you had on hand or traded. Your results may vary.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

I agree with Don, it ain't easy. But that is a sweet truck.

Larry Y
            North Wales, PA
            Larry Y
            North Wales, PA

Comment

Love the Briz bumpers.

Chris Pile
              http://midwaystudebakers.tripod.com/
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Not my cup of tea style wise, but it sure is done beautifully!

Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 Dr Wagon
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Only thing I would insist on adding is a Stude sticker in the center of that Impala steering wheel...

(opinion
                  I find it interesting that we all tend to try and get into the mind of a builder, especially when their ride comes up for sale.
                  The longer it is on the market, the more numerous the comments.
                  Wonder why that is?

I know of a mostly stock Transtar that is for sale for less than this, and the Stude crowd just yawns.....
                  I know the cash market has been real thin, but it seems to ba across the board...Stock, custom, modified...

This is a neat looking truck that is built to a very high standard.
                  I admire the builder's desire to do quality work.
                  Some builders live for the build, and not for the posession.
                  Maybe that's the case here, and the builder is on to another build quest...
                  Dunno..
                  But I'd be proud to own it and tool around in it..
                  Jeff[8D]
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

99% of people who see a "Custom" at their local car shows have no idea as to the time it takes to complete this kind of work.[:0]
                    Before I opened my own Street Rod & Restoration business, every knew me as the "Cheap or Free guy" I always built my cars on a budjet. And I still try to do so for my customers. But, Labor! Building a car from the ground up takes time. Every little aspect of a build takes time. And you know the old saying "Time is Money". Well you better have lots if you expect someone else to build your car for you[:I] Just speaking from 15 years doing it as a business not a hobby
                    Good Roads
                    Brian

Brian Woods
                    woodysrods@shaw.ca
                    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
                    Brian Woods
                    woodysrods@shaw.ca
                    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://tinyurl.com/236br5a

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for tinyurl.com
                      The dnsserver returned:

Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.
                      This means that:

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
                      Check if the address is correct.
                      Your cache administrator is webmaster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:10:00 GMT by cache.hydrosoft.net (squid/2.7.STABLE6)

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
                      ~Nitram~
                      57 Transtar

Comment

just worked for me.

Comment

Just had to comment on this one, if nothing else it runs my post count up. I guess I'm to old, the only thing I could not go for it's too low, but a great truck none the lest.
                          The blue truck in Sacramento, California is just to far from me,

Ebon...

"I sweat alot to keep others cool"

Comment

IIRC, It has air bags, and is 'dumped' in the pic's..raises up to go down the road...
                            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by railway

Just had to comment on this one, if nothing else it runs my post count up. I guess I'm to old, the only thing I could not go for it's too low, but a great truck none the lest.
                            The blue truck in Sacramento, California is just to far from me,

Ebon...

"I sweat alot to keep others cool"
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

This truck does not appeal to me. I agree that a lot went into it. It is a hard sell. You have to find the right (rare) individual. My last two Studebaker pickups were restomods and I could not get $10K for either one. They were not quite to the level of detail as this one, but they were completed and had sub-frames, V8, A/C (one), AT, ps, pdb, etc., etc.

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X