X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Identification

Hello New Freinds,
    I am trying to identify the details of a 54 Studebaker from photos i acquired. The car was bought new by my father in 54 in Ohio, driven to Tennessee that year, where he married my mother. I have great interest in the car, not only because I'm a car nut. but because I was born in the car June 27th, 1956. Yea, in the hospital parking lot. They didn't quite make it to the hospital in time.
    I love the design of those models 53-55 especially. Way ahead of their time. So sleek and graceful even after all this time.
    If any of you are can help me determine which of the many model lines it may be, i would be grateful.

quote:Originally posted by davop

Hello New Freinds,
    If any of you are can help me determine which of the many model lines it may be, i would be grateful.
    If you post some scans of the photos, I'm sure we can.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by davop

Hello New Freinds,
      If you post some scans of the photos, I'm sure we can.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Welcome, David.

Born in a Studebaker?[:0] This is too much.[]

Please post photos.

The procedures are a little complex but not difficult; outlined in the "How to post photos" sticky thread at the top of this page.

Let us know if you need help.

Once we've identified it, we'll help you find one. That would be so cool.

Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        33 Rockne 10
        51 Commander Starlight
        53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Welcome, David.

Please post photos.

The procedures are a little complex but not difficult; outlined in the "How to post photos" sticky thread at the top of this page.

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          33 Rockne 10
          51 Commander Starlight
          53 Commander Starlight

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

If my wife had her way, I would probably die in one - with her at the trigger!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

We would most like to see scans of your original old photos, please, but in the meantime check this site for a matchup:
                http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/St...er/TheEnd.html

Dwain G.

Comment

We would most like to see scans of your original old photos, please, but in the meantime check this site for a matchup:

Dwain G.

Comment

Cool link Thanks! I will try to post photos soon. I'll need to rescan at lower resolution to be able to upload.
                    quote:Originally posted by Dwain G.

Dwain G.

Comment

Cool link Thanks! I will try to post photos soon. I'll need to rescan at lower resolution to be able to upload.
                      quote:Originally posted by Dwain G.

Dwain G.

Comment

I will try to post phots soon. I will need to rescan at a lower resolution to be able to upload. Yea, born in a studebaker. Hey I picked a classic! I've been a car nut ever since.
                        quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Welcome, David.

Please post photos.

Brad Johnson
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        33 Rockne 10
                        51 Commander Starlight
                        53 Commander Starlight

Comment

I will try to post phots soon. I will need to rescan at a lower resolution to be able to upload. Yea, born in a studebaker. Hey I picked a classic! I've been a car nut ever since.
                          quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Welcome, David.

Please post photos.

Brad Johnson
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          33 Rockne 10
                          51 Commander Starlight
                          53 Commander Starlight

Comment

Yea I've been a car nut ever since!
                            quote:Originally posted by Guido

Comment

Yea I've been a car nut ever since!
                              quote:Originally posted by Guido

Comment

Working...
                              X