Shameless Plug - Ontario Canada Swap Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless Plug - Ontario Canada Swap Meet

This is just a reminder that the Ontario Chapter Swap Meet is this Saturday April 24 9:00 to 4:00 at the Badenoch Community Centre (close to Hwy 401 and Hwy 6 South.)

Full details are posted on both the Ontario Chapter website www.ontariosdc.ca

or the Hamilton Chapter website
    www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca

FREE - no admission charge to vend or look.

Its also a chance to Drive your Studebaker!

Paul--

That event of yours will always be a favourite of mine: it was the first show/swap I ever attended in a "relevant" car! Looks like the weather is going to hold until Sunday, too; there was originally a prediction of rain for Saturday and Sunday both. See you at the old schoolhouse...hope to see lots of other SDCers and their Studebakers too.

S.

Comment

Wish I could make it but I'm writing a Critical Thinking exam on Saturday.[V] Maybe next year.

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
      Oakville, Ontario.
      Hamilton Chapter

1964 GT Hawk
      PSMCDR 2014
      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
      PSMCDR 2013
      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Allen--

Blimey, Critical Thinking. I well remember how my brother Bruce and my colleague Ryan both hated that course...

There's a meet on Sunday, too, at Marritt Hall in Ancaster...it isn't a Stude event though but I'll still try to take the Lark there. Is your Superhawk "oot and aboot" yet?

S.

Comment

Sorry to say Steve shes down for the count. I'd like to go and get her this coming Sunday or early next week but My shop is full of carpentry stuff from doing all the trim work and doors in my new (old)house so I have to make room for the Hawk.

Right now I'm in the midst of exams with three to go so that's the priority right now. After Saturday I'm free to become a mechanic once again and looking forward to getting dirty. As for the Hawk,...To get her roadworthy, I then have to find the Supercharger's carburetor bonnet's flapper valve that went missing into to my Carburetor. Looks like I'll be taking the intake manifold off again to search for any metal that may have made it's way into the valve train. Who knows, I may have even bent a valve at this point. What I do know the Hawk stop running last July was flooding gas all over the carburetor and I had no time to look at it due to rebuilding my house, hence she was towed away and put into storage by the airport. I've only seen her twice since July and miss the sight of her.

Hopefully if things are ok and I get her running again, if so, I'll be prepping her to head down to South Bend for the show and swap on May 7 and 8 which I am really looking forward to. It will be nice meeting up with old friends (you included) and buy a few parts. Might even buy a new windshield but right now all I can hope for is some good luck.

As for the Critical Thinking course it has been a challenge but has helped in the way I write and think.

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
          Oakville, Ontario.
          Hamilton Chapter

1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
          PSMCDR 2013
          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Good luck, Paul. I won't make it this year, but I will next year and I'll be driving a Stude, thanks to you and so many others. SDC rocks.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Al , your too old to be writing exams get out and have some fun while you still can

Paul , we'll see you Saturday morning

[IMG]

Home of the Fried Green Tomato
              "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
              1964 Daytona HT
              1966 Daytona
              sigpic

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one. Having done it for a few years, I'm finally getting the hang of it.

In the past, in addition to the swap meet running, I've also had persons give a talk - for example, how to repair carburetors, distributors, getting it ready for spring, getting top show point values, how the factory worked, (thank you Earl, Cullen, Ray, and many others), even the story behind the winning Shell 4000/Transcanada rally by the winning co-driver, Reg Hilary - his pic below.

http://www.shell-4000-rally.org/4000...1961_63-01.htm

Having just read in an SDC blog that younger people may want to hear this kind of stuff again, should I start doing this again? We will probably have persons there that are capable of giving these presentations in short order.

To one friend who said he couldn't come because his car wasn't going to be ready, just bring yourself.

Did I mention FREE - vending and admission? Also FREE: Advice (sometimes whether you want it or not!) and comraderie. It is truly a Studebaker BARGAIN!

Paul

Comment

Paul--

They've gone back to predicting RAIN all weekend again...See if you can arrange an exception for the Badenoch area, eh?

(I don't care if there's a monsoon, though. I and my Lark will be there anyway. Hope everyone else turns out too, as many as can in Studes!)

S.

Comment

Rain?? - according to the weather forecast (I just looked it up) its not happening until Sunday. It'll even be warm.

Now, just because its not going to rain, I don't want everybody out there to wash your Studebaker. We don't want to tempt Mother Nature.

Comment

I'd like to come up, but until now I hadn't had a reason to bother getting a passport . Perhaps next year.[?]

Packardbakerly,
                      J.D.
                      sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                      J.D.

Comment

JD--

I wasn't going to bother with a passport either; until I got the Lark, my annual US travel consisted of one--on rare occasions two--airshows, and that was all. Then I got the Lark. And changed my mind about the passport.

S.

Comment

Paul , great day at the swap , a very nice day which brought out some nice cars , great to chat with everyone we haven't seen all winter and I even picked up some real bargains from Stu and a rare find from Roland []....thanks again and looking forward to the next one

[IMG]

1960 Champ
                          1964 Daytona HT
                          1966 Daytona
                          sigpic

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thank you Bob.

You are welcome.

I think it went pretty well, everybody mixed really well. Lots of parts moved. Lots of people came with stuff to sell. Some very nice cars came. We are still short of the 35 cars that came about 6 years ago, but several people, including me, drove non-Studebakers to accommodate parts.

We've already booked the same place (5th year in a row here, 38th(?) year for the swap meet) again next year - 23rd of April, 2011.

Paul

Comment

I'll try to be there next year, Paul. Congrats. Posted a picture of the 55K. Some of your parts on there,too, thanks!
                              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                              X