No announcement yet.

E-Bay Packard Hawk; unusual color combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The base Packard Hawk MSRP, had there been such a thing in 1958, was $3,995.

The idea of an MSRP arrived the next year with mandatory Monroney (yes, that is the correct spelling, Monroney) "window stickers".

Most Packard Hawks had the $189 Flightomatic option on top of that, of course. Even overdrive was $110.40 extra, so there was "no way" you could buy one for $3,995 plus freight, because that price would reflect a straight three-speed transmssion, which wasn't available! (Welcome to the wonderful world of mandatory options...) [8D]BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Looks like the car was taken off Ebay. Saw this at the fins exhibit when it was at the Hershey Museum. If I remember it was missing the Packard name on the trunk and the Hawk had the screws on the wrong way.

Was a nice color. As for the Packard Hawk bashers c'mon, how could you not like a face like the Packard Hawk ?? Its always smiling at you..

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

I have seen this car in person about 6 times in the last 18 moths. it is far more beautiful in person than in pictures. These pictures do not do this car justice at all. I'll look around as i may have additional pictures taken within that time frame. IMHO it is drop dead gorgous when seen in person.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Thanks for posting this.
          I would have missed it
          Good Roads
          Brian

Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Finally found the pics I took of Dick Jukage's Surf Green/Parchment Packard Hawk in 1984:

Craig

Comment

Is there not a tin-toy convertible that colour? Seen one at Charlotte,very rare & expensive when they come up for sale.

Comment

Working...
              X