E-Bay Packard Hawk; unusual color combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Bay Packard Hawk; unusual color combo

This may well be the original color combo, but I'll bet it is "1 of 1" of the 588 built:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-...item3efef88731
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I think I agree with you Bob, aqua and tan go together like Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett.

Love birds...Red Hawks in mating season.
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I like it!

Mark Anderson
      Member SDC and FMCA
      Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
      www.65cruiser.com

Comment

I gotta tell ya.... I like it. That color combo is fabulous. Unlike any other Packard Hawk I've ever seen.

sals54
        sals54

Comment

I wasn't making a negative remark; I actually like it, too.

Chiffon anything, in this case soft aqua/green, is one of those colors that is so "right" on a 1950s car.

Amazing how colors follow decades. A 1955 Ford in Desert Rose (pink) and Snowshoe White looks as normal as can be, even very attractive, as does a 1956 Golden Hawk in Doeskin and Mocha 2-tone...

...but imagine a 1964 Ford Galaxie 2-door hardtop in Desert Rose with Snowshoe White vinyl top....or a 1964 Gran Turismo Hawk in Doeskin with Mocha-colored vinyl Sportsroof! [xx(][xx(]

Yet those examples are less than one decade apart. [8D]BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Since I'm not a fan of the PH, I hesitate to make a comment, good or bad. But I'm wondering what kind of a nose emblem is that? With the shadow, looks a little like a squashed bug glued on with pancake batter.

Supposed to look like this?

I guess that's called "Gittin' the most outta whatcha got!"

Nice color, tho.

John

Comment

I think that color is great on that car. Surprised it isn't more common. Is that emblem a Packard crest?

Don Wilson
              53 Commander Hardtop
              64 Champ 1/2 ton
              Centralia, WA
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Squashed bug? A large container of liquid Ivory Soap is being dispatched to your door with which you are to wash out your mouth, Johnny![:0]

AHEM! That is The Packard Family Coat of Arms to which you are referring as a squashed bug! It could have come from any number of earlier Packards, especially those from Detroit earlier in the decade. [8D]BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Very nice indeed!

Chris Pile
                  http://midwaystudebakers.tripod.com/
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I saw that car, while at the Nationals in Pa. A good looking car. I would be proud to say it was mine.

Ebon...

"I sweat alot to keep others cool"

Comment

Ditto here! It was the first car we saw when entering the foyer of the AACA museum. It made my day, especially since Packards were very sparsely represented there. There were far more Studes & Stearns Knights than Packards for some odd reason.

Barry'd in Studes
                      Barry'd in Studes

Comment

I don't know much about Packards, but man I wouldn't mind having that one![8D][]

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
                        Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
                        1963 Prototype moon cart built by Studebaker.
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

I would like it more if the interior was white, rather than tan. But it's all good.
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I think that color combo is fantastic,would'nt surprise me if it brings more$$ than some other colors in the PHs

Joseph R. Zeiger
                            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Only four Packard Hawks were painted with the Parchment White over Surf Green. This is one of the four.

Mike
                              www.packardhawk.com

Comment

Working...
                              X