Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stude dude
    replied
    I agree with StudeRich that it is AC-3012 (i have one here) but this number is listed for 1959-63 cars. The earlier ones (1953-58) have a raised black plastic peice around the base and a round chrome knob at the tip. You have to ignore the photos in the 1959-63 accessory brochures. They used artwork from earlier models and airbrushed over them to add confusion!

Leave a comment:

• 54champ
    replied
    OK KURTREUK, I'll muddy it up some for you (maybe). If you decide the price is right, it could look EXACTLY like the one that fits my '52 Commander.......................lol. Very little besides the drivetrain is gonna be original anyhow, so what the hey. Seriously, when I first saw the words "Roll-Up Antenna", and being a neophyte Studebaker owner/collector (almost) (and I say owner/collector because I don't think I've ever known someone that stopped at just ONE Studebaker), I thought they surely wouldn't go to the trouble of making an antenna that rolled up/down, but wouldn't make it go down till flush with the fender, would they? Sure enough, they not only Would, but DID...................lol. I figured since I'm making my '52 into a Mild Custom, if I could find an actual Stude antenna that fit flush, it would be extra great. Since they don't wind flush, it'd be great if I could lay my hands on 2 of them (that work well and The Price Is Right, as they say....................lol), and of course, if I could find room to mount them-----one behind (or beside, depending how you look at them) and slightly higher than the other, the way Custom cars have had them (usually electric antennae, though) for yrs. Oh well, since I'm sure they're beyond my meager build budget, I guess I've wasted enough of your time.

How's that for muddying the waters for ya? LOL.

Jerry

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    As I said the black "seal' on the mast makes it '62-'66 absolutely NO QUESTION, however if there are different mounting screw locations for the bottom end for Lark/Hawk you would need the dimensions, I really doubt that though. All Antennas in my Parts & Accessories Price Book F show Lark/Hawk/Sedan the same in each year range of design change.

Of course, what you really need is it's AC numbered original box to sell it as NOS ITB, if it is!

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    Trucks, huh? Yeah, that muddies it up a little more...Thanks, John.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Some where I have an accessory booklet for C-Cab trucks showing one of these style antennas for trucks. Could this be one? Also, would they be a different length than the ones offered for cars?

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    Who to believe? ? ?

I was reluctant to put on eBay without being more confidant about what it fits.

This is what has been said so far:

56-61 Hawk.
    62-66 Lark/Hawk.
    60 Lark. Also 60-64 Hawk.
    Not for cars with Emergency brake pedal on that side.
    56-64 Hawk.

Good Grief!!! I need to generate some cash. Anyone else care to muddy it up some more?

Leave a comment:

• Bo Markham
    replied
    56-64 Hawk.

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by studefan

Kurtruk, was that the one on craigslist for $50? If so, good buy.
    NOPE.

Leave a comment:

• studefan
    replied
    Kurtruk, was that the one on craigslist for $50? If so, good buy.

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    These will not fit cars with the emergency brake pedal along that side . I have a NOS one of these which is for 62 and down ....its outside piece is exactly like my '66 ant. but the inside part will not fit because of the brake .

[IMG]

Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    1966 Daytona

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by royvaldez

Is that the one offered at the last Turlock Swap Meet. I passed on that one. I should of bought it for the price.
    No, Roy. Did not see one at Turlock.[|)] Picked this up somewhere else. I'll never tell.[:I]

OK. So I'm getting some saying 1960. Some saying 62-66, etc. Anyone else?

KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Leave a comment:

• royvaldez
    replied
    Is that the one offered at the last Turlock Swap Meet. I passed on that one. I should of bought it for the price.

Leave a comment:

• royvaldez
    replied
    They were made for 1960 Lark. Also, they were made for 1960 to 1964 Hawks. I have 2 on the work bench. Hard to fix. But still working on it.

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    It looks exactly like the correct one for my 1960 car. It's in the accessory booklet. I found a nos one in the box and if I'm not mistaken, that's the same one. I have mine out right now with the kick panel. I'll measure it when I get back there.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    It is the more common AC-3012 '62-'66 Lark/Hawk Internal Controlled Type, hardly ever sold or installed in the day, but tons of left over ones sold later by Newman and Altman. [^]

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

Working...
X