part pricing question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part pricing question...

What is a NOS Champ front axle,complete with spindles worth? I have on that was part of a failed project and I think I want it gone. Whatta you guys think??? Thanks.

The axle is not a much needed replacement part, the spindles maybe.
    I would start at $50.00.

If you need one, and can not find one...PRICELESS!

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Same as halfton C Cab??

Comment

What year champ truck? I'd be interested in it.

Bo
        Bo

Comment

I have no idea what year truck,3/4 or 1/2 either. I will get it down out of the attic later today.

Comment

assuming 1/2 ton, SASCO had a pile of them a while back for around $100. Same as the front bumpers. Can't speak to the spindles. I needed to replace the axle due to the inability to get the king pins to fit without slop. The axle bore was worn. I can also tell you that if you spin a front outer wheel bearing that you might have trouble setting future bearings and they may wear a tad faster than an unburnt one. I do think those are both somewhat extreme examples of failure or poor handling, but as Rich stated...if you need one try to find one... Anyway, given that above, I'd say a little richer, maybe $100. from spindle to spindle.

Comment

I would be willing to split the difference @ $75. Bo,I will find out the number and email you.Thanks for the info guys. I am not a truck guy,so I can't say whats what.

Comment

I think I can do that. Drop me a not at bomarkham@embarqmail.com
                Bo

Comment

Axle fits 63-64 1/2 ton, only.
                  Bo

Comment

Working...
                  X