59 Lark still FS, delivery to SB Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 Lark still FS, delivery to SB Meet

Am offering this one here again. Have had lots of interest but she still hasn't found a home. 6 auto, new brakes and lines (need finishing), all new exhaust, new tune-up parts, new front floor panels (uninstalled), 3 www tires. Clear title. Asking $900, will deliver to SB or anywhere along the way for expenses. If it needs delivery that will be my excuse to make SB

If interested, let me know ASAP. I will likely try it on eBay this weekend unless someone here wants it. Hope to see you all in SB![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Ephesians 6:10-17

you are killing me!

Comment

Rich, don't be killed! Give in to your desires...... As the saying goes, "If you got an itch, scratch it!!"

I'll even throw in a couple cases of Black and Tan...[]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Yes Rich...go for it...I've seen (and heard) your fire-breathing '61, am now picturing this '59 after a similar rework...mmmmm...

(Plus, if you go after it, I won't have to feel sorely-tempted by yet another '59 Lark!)

S.

Comment

What a great project at a great price, but I aint gettin another Stude till my mine is done or legal and I have money or need something for college.

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
          1954 Champion Coupe
          Lizella, GA
          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
          Lizella, GA

Comment

Yea, I think that way sometimes. It doesn't work to well for me, tell me how it does for you.[:I] If this car was a little closer, I'd go for it. I'm settling for talking my dad into a '63 standard.

Still rather have this though, good luck with the sale Mr.Andrews!!

BTW, what kind of tires are the WWWs?

quote:Originally posted by Nelsen Motorsports

What a great project at a great price, but I aint gettin another Stude till my mine is done or legal and I have money or need something for college.

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
            1954 Champion Coupe
            Lizella, GA
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I don't recall what the tires are, Dylan. It's over in one of my other buildings. I'll check and let you know!

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thanks! They look awfully good, and I'm just considering all my options before I buy a set.[^]

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I don't recall what the tires are, Dylan. It's over in one of my other buildings. I'll check and let you know!

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

not to be a shat, but are the tires ones that can find a matched 4th ??? Or are they older out of stamp production ? Check on the tire casing for the manuf. date....Also Bams and others...I've just been through this with my most recent purchase (63' Cruiser @ $800.) Probably a little nicer than this car, well maybe a little more....but really...what's a few hundred bucks when putting this car into the hands of a new owner ? Bams and all (last soap box today): Sell that car to a 16 year old kid for $400. and keep the hobbie going. Give him a membership grata and a bunch of parts (preferably presentable eye candy stuff, you know a mirror, hood ornament, anything to connect him/her quickly with the hobbie). Maybe even paste in one of the floors. This is a perfect example of how the Stude group can "invest" in the future...! We all see the prices languishing, and cars continuing to rot away...that's not going to change...OK..off my soap box....GL to your sale and new owner....may he/she be a young one...

Comment

Jack, how about you buy Bams car for $900 and then sell it to a kid for $400?

Love birds...Red Hawks in mating season.
                    In the middle of Minnestudea
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Hey Bob.if you get a buyer,I will sell you the roof off the 61 four door I have real cheap for your Lark with the head trauma.Unless the whole car sells soon.Let me know if you have a buyer.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Love birds...Red Hawks in mating season.
                        In the middle of Minnestudea
                        Now that's the way to make a good point. I sold the car to Bams for about that $400, after N8 and I did some work on her, he hauled it home and put some more time and money in it. He will probably be lucky to make 50 cents/hour for his trouble at $900.
                        I guess we need folks to save more Studebaker's that can afford to lose money on each one. If not, someone that will buy them once they are fixed up a bit, and immediately sell them at a loss to promote the hobby.
                        I for one learned to pass on many of the cheap cars after losing money in the effort.

JDP Maryland
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

You beat me to it, Brent I'll work along with you on that, Jack

That's the thing- there are no kids around here that want one, except nephew Evyn, and he's got his eye on a different Stude If it doesn't sell it can stay in the building. I'm just paring down my 30 plus cars to about 3 or 4 (or 5). I'm about halfway there. I'm on the fence (cost) about SB, so I'm letting this car decide for me. I can always bring it out in the future, it's just prudent if I sell it. Part of the "change" economy[xx(]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP
                            [
                            Now that's the way to make a good point. I sold the car to Bams for about that $400, after N8 and I did some work on her, he hauled it home and put some more time and money in it. He will probably be lucky to make 50 cents/hour for his trouble at $900.
                            I guess we need folks to save more Studebaker's that can afford to lose money on each one. If not, someone that will buy them once they are fixed up a bit, and immediately sell them at a loss to promote the hobby.

JDP Maryland
                            I know what you mean John/JDP. I lost money on the last two Studebakers that I sold and that was without figuring anything for my time. These were vehicles that I did not drive and I lost thousands. I am not complaining about it, just reiterating facts of the market as presented by others. In the same time frame as those Studebakers, I sold a Honda Prelude SH at a profit. In years past, I have given cars to young people. I have also noticed that the cheaper the car the more that some people expect.

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by silverhawk

BTW, what kind of tires are the WWWs?
                              Here's what they say:

DENMAN Tire
                              6.70-15
                              4 ply polyester

Denman rubber mfg. co
                              Warren OH

Upon closer inspection they appear to be authentic old tires as opposed to newer repops. Couldn't find a date code on a quick look. They only show minor cracking, but obviously aren't recommended for driving, just lookin'

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X