Weird 1963 Studebaker on e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird 1963 Studebaker on e-bay

'Looks a whole lot more like one of the cheapie 1958 DeSoto Shopper 6-passenger wagons in the Firesweep series on the Dodge chassis...but it does say 1963 Studebaker![:0] (Obviously a fixed-roof model, too.)

Ironically, the 1958 Studebaker Commander Provincial wagon, at 2,412 units, actually outsold the 1,305 copies of this DeSoto that were minted! That has to be one of the few Studebaker models that outsold a Big 3 competitor in 1958!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-...item335bf60fa8
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

That sure is a funny looking '63![)]

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
    1963 Prototype moon cart built by Studebaker.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Just saw that, and wondered WTH?

Chris Pile
      http://midwaystudebakers.tripod.com/
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Same guy that has the 64 Studebaker listed as a 63. ?????? Wonder how his business is doing?
        Klif

55 Speedster
        63 Avanti R2
        63 Lark R2
        55 Speedster/Street Machine
        63 Avanti R2
        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Deals on Wheels magazine has a rare three door Lark hardtop for sale this month.

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

I'd drive that De Soto in a heartbeat. I love weird cars, and how many of these lo-fi luxo models survived that weren't beat to snot in the Sixties? How many De Soto wagons to you see at all, for that matter? Cool car.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard
            http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
            www.studebakersandiego.com
            Clark in San Diego
            '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
            http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by showbizkid
              How many De Soto wagons to you see at all, for that matter?
              There was a '58 for sale at the Swap Meet here two years ago. It was rough as to be expected for a wagon, and did have rust issues. I didn't stay until the end of the day to see if it found a new owner or not. I agree that they are rare enough and should be saved.

Craig

Comment

Probably a headline error since everywhere else it is referred to as a DeSoto.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

picky, picky, picky, you are just to picky and don't know a stretch stude wagon when you see one.

Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Saw that earlier. The seller listed three cars rapid-fire, and reused the template. Just didn't proofread well enough. He has 3 $1-2K cars listed, all with an opening bid of $8K each[:I]

I'd love to have one of those big MoPar wagons someday, but it would have to already be pretty decent; I can't imagine what it would take (and cost!) to restore one[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

There is what looks to be a '59 Plymouth wagon setting next to the the Desoto...er....Studebaker....er.....????

Actually it had been a long long time since I had seen a '59 Plymouth
                      wagon until I was setting up a route for a road rally we are holding and there was a wagon that is about in the same shape as the one in this picture.

Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

That '58 Desoto Wagon is almost the ugliest thing going, until you see the '60 Plymouth Wagon sitting next to it! Now those ARE UGLY! [xx(]

If rare was valuable, these cars that fell apart in 3 years and nobody wanted would top the list, because they ARE truly rare! [:0]

Complete with push and pray brakes, with TWO dead end, single piston wheel cylinders per wheel that rotted out quickly.

StudeRich
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I once owned a 56 DeSoto wagon. The only HEMI I ever owned. NT

Neil Thornton
                          Hazlehurst, GA
                          '57 Silver Hawk
                          '56 Sky Hawk
                          '51 2R16 dump truck
                          Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Complete with push and pray brakes, with TWO dead end, single piston wheel cylinders per wheel that rotted out quickly.

StudeRich
                            [8] You can say that again, Rich! Boy, I remember when one of those with the upper and lower wheel cylinders would come in for brakes at the suburban Indianapolis Shell Station where I worked mid-1960s. Everyone would run and hide, hoping they didn't have to work on it![xx(]

Still, done up right, one of these would be just the nutz for cruising. [8D]BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

One would think with that asking price there would be tires on it that at least held air!

60 Lark convertible
                              61 Champ
                              62 Daytona convertible
                              63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
                              63 Avanti (2)
                              66 Daytona Sport Sedan
                              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                              64 Zip Van
                              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
                              X