Reserving Trim Parts for S Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserving Trim Parts for S Bend

I am making a stash to take to the South Bend Swap and Zone Meet May 7 & 8.
    There is a LOT of stainless trim. I am not inclined to set a price and haggle before hand. If you have a specific trim part that you are interested in I will include that in the truck and put your name for the first look.
    Unfortunately, Matthew is not planning on going so I will just have to throw a lot of the Hawk front fender trims, wheel well trims,and Lark trunk trims in the dumpster as I leave.
    There is some probably pitted pot metal in the stash.
    There is a gazillion wheel covers -- I may try to get a set of the 53 tristars done as the cores are excellent. If I do -- the price and sale may be done beforehand as I don't want to hold an item like that for someone that might not be there.

I have a lot of pieces that seem to have gotten scarcer at the swaps.

Lark Parker

Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

If I could afford it I'd be there. Oh well... [B)]

Anybody from the Southeast wanna ride along and split the gas/motel bill? [8D]

Comment

Dale, e-mail sent.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
      Tom Bredehoft
      '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
      '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
      ....On the road, again....
      '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
      All Indiana built cars

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Trade your job skills for a ride share and maybe incorporate some finished orders deliveries.
        A delivery should be well worth the price of UPS shipping. Safer.

Let me know if you are bringing a truck. I probably have a free piece, or two.

LP
        sigpic

Comment

You can ride with me. I'll probably be pulling a trailer. We'll have lots of room for your stainless.
          If you don't go and Dale wants me to haul some stainless back south for you, that will be no problem.

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

If you ever got those stainless steel '53 grill surrounds made I might take a pair of those.[]

quote:Originally posted by Lark Parker

I am making a stash to take to the South Bend Swap and Zone Meet May 7 & 8.
            There is a LOT of stainless trim. I am not inclined to set a price and haggle before hand. If you have a specific trim part that you are interested in I will include that in the truck and put your name for the first look.
            Unfortunately, Matthew is not planning on going so I will just have to throw a lot of the Hawk front fender trims, wheel well trims,and Lark trunk trims in the dumpster as I leave.
            There is some probably pitted pot metal in the stash.
            There is a gazillion wheel covers -- I may try to get a set of the 53 tristars done as the cores are excellent. If I do -- the price and sale may be done beforehand as I don't want to hold an item like that for someone that might not be there.

I have a lot of pieces that seem to have gotten scarcer at the swaps.

Lark Parker

Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jerry Forrester

If you ever got those stainless steel '53 grill surrounds made I might take a pair of those.[]
              After taking another look at that idea -- sanity prevailed. (That happens to me occasionally and it's very mundane experience.)
              I gave the blueprints to someone that had a China connection. Nothing ever came of it. I can get the blueprints back.

LP
              sigpic

Comment

This should now be be in a thread titled "Deliver Less Than Expected"

My computer is malwared up with some Chicken Little popups so I am writing this at a friend's place. Personally, I have some strange malady that is making my muscles sore so that has been demotivating.
                The reserved stainless list has been destroyed in the computer.
                I have been putting stainless into groups near the door for loading and there are several thousand pieces.
                Individual requests for specific pieces are not manageable now because of the mass I am trying to handle. There will probably not be time or ability to do any finished pieces that were desired by the South Bend time.
                I regret not being able to bring specifics to the meet but there should be a selection to look at if you know what your needed piece measures and looks like.
                Thanks for the patience and don't expect email answers.

LP
                sigpic

Comment

My computer is back (temporarily) I'll take it back again for a motherboard and processor improvement when the parts arrive. It has many bulging capacitors and can use an upgrade anyhow. Viruses are cleaned out.

I am personally vertical again and awaiting some lab tests.
                  The quack gave me an apparently miracle pill prescription that works for now. I don't think this is anything that can permanently threaten a magnificent body like mine. (Before the stainless work I was a Chippendale dancer under the name Rock Bottom.)

I'm not particularly wanting to push working for now. The sorting part is kind of done. Sort of...

The bottom line : I'm sure how much stainless I will bring at this point. Maybe I'll get a better handle on it later this week.

LP

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X