axle shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle shaft

After putting new chevy pickup drums on and checking the hubs I still have a wheel that wobbles. So I guess the next step is to put a new axle shaft in. I need a right axle shaft #1685424 for a 62 Champ. Also how much of a job is it to replace? Does anyone have a good straight axle shaft to sell? Thanks.

Did you check the wheel to see if it's the problem? May bent or not seating properly on the hub?
    Just some thoughts before replacing an axle. Never done an axle on a Champ, but shouldn't be much different then a car, follow the shop manual procedures,

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Did you check the wheel to see if it's the problem? May bent or not seating properly on the hub?
      Just some thoughts before replacing an axle. Never done an axle on a Champ, but shouldn't be much different then a car, follow the shop manual procedures,

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

If it's the original Stude hub, IT could be bent. That chould be the result of someone in the past using the wrong puller or other incorrect meathod of removal. Just a thought...Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
        Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
        Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

If it's the original Stude hub, IT could be bent. That chould be the result of someone in the past using the wrong puller or other incorrect meathod of removal. Just a thought...Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
          Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
          Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

I've got some - where are you at?

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've got some - where are you at?

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I put good quality alloy wheels on, replaced the drums with new chevy pickup drums and turned the hubs to fit the new drums. When I switch the wheels around the same right rear wobbles. So I think about the only thing left is the axle shaft.

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I put good quality alloy wheels on, replaced the drums with new chevy pickup drums and turned the hubs to fit the new drums. When I switch the wheels around the same right rear wobbles. So I think about the only thing left is the axle shaft.

Comment

Working...
                  X