Studebaker books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker books?

I was wondering if there are any good Studebaker books anyone could recommend -- current or past. As a current vintage Mustang owner, I am used to seeing all kinds of books available for the car I own, with detail photos, specs, history, etc.

I suppose it may be asking too much that there might be a book just on the bulletnose cars, since that is what I am most interested in, but a book favoring the 40s and 50s cars would be good.

I checked Amazon.com and there don't seem to be many available and by the page count, doesn't seem to be alot of detail either. Anyway, just thought someone may know a good book to look out for.
    sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
    Regal Deluxe Trim
    Automatic transmission
    46k original miles, 4th Owner

Check the Studebaker National Museum web site. There was also a series of books from one of the magazines called "Cars of the 50's'; 'Cars of the 40's' etc. with some nice pictures.
    Ebay has a some good titles from time to time.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

There is a book that is actually more of a novel. It is called "A Century On Wheels" and it is the complete history of the Studebaker corporation up to 1952, the centennial. It tells about the brothers, first wagon, the first shop, switching to cars, etc. I am really not a big reader of novels, but I read this one cover to cover and really enjoyed it, so it must be good![8D]

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
      Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
      1963 Prototype moon cart built by Studebaker.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

I really like the book More than they Promised, the Studebaker Story

Available at Amazon

Ted
        '57 Champion

If you have the time (no photos by me): http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/studebaker

Comment

There are about 15 or more books in print on Studebaker. I am not near my office right now so doing this from memory is hard.
          There was a series of "Archives" books using factory photos. Ed Reynolds did one on Hawks, and there is one on "Post War Body" cars which would cover the years you want 47 through 52. I would check E-Bay for listing on books and also a web site by Bob Johnstone I have one in front of me called Studebaker's Finest but that covers the development of the 1953 model year cars. There is material on the Bullet Nose. Another book "A Century on Wheels" by the Studebaker Museum might be to your liking.

BG

Comment

I'm in the middle of reading My Father the Car, by Stu Chapman. VERY interesting and well put together.

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
            X