57 President on the road again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 President on the road again

After five long years in my garage here in AZ the 57 has come back to life[It needed a fair amount of work including a complete brake job, carb rebuild, starter rebuild and a number of other things to get it back on the road again. I am happy to say that it is running like a top, the glass packs are sounding great and I have put on 150 miles in the initial shakedown cruises. Took it to a free show held every Saturday night in North Phoenix this past weekend and joined six Avantis, a 52, a 62 GT Hawk and another GT.
    I can add other pics if you would like to see them. The color is Taupe and Artic White--an original color. Brian Millette

Brian congratulations! One of my favorite Studebakers. More pictures, please!

Comment

Really nice car Brian,by all means more pics!

Joseph R. Zeiger
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Great car...more pix...

The 57s are coming back!!

Ted
        '57 Champion

If you have the time (no photos by me): http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/studebaker

Comment

A little more about the car. We are the third owners and the car was originally bought in July of 1957 from Elmer Lueck Motors in Danube MN. They were the only dealer in town and the town was full of Studebakers. The car had very rusty floorboards and body mounts when we purchased it in 1984. Needless to say, Minnesota winters ya know[:I] took their toll.
          However, the interior door panels, rear seat and dash were perfect and there was no rust through in the trunk. The automatic was strong and the 289 was really a strong runner. So we decided to keep the old lady. It currently has 83,000 miles on the odometer. It has an automatic, Twin Traction, push button radio that works with a rear speaker option, a trunk light, and the standard clock and back up lights as well as a four barrel carb and dual exhausts.The exensions on the exhaust are NOS originals that we picked up many years ago. The car came with the dual antennas but they were in bad shape so another NOS set replaced the old. I will put on another pic of the front in a day or two.
          Brian

Comment

We're excited to see more pictures! Are you bringing her to the International Meet? We'll have our '57 there and would love to see yours! We're all the way out in Queen Creek, so the cruise nights and shows we attend are probably all on the opposite end of town.

John and Tracy Smith
            Queen Creek Arizona
            http://1955studebaker.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quite a beautiful car! Yah, dem meen-nee-sooo-ta weenters take dere toll, yah sure, you bet-cha![)]

That taupe colour looks almost like Rose-Mist. I sure love those two-tone fifties paint jobs.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I like that color!

Comment

Pretty car, Brian; thanks for the photos and congrats on its completion. Take good care of those NOS exhaust extensions! [8D]BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 57 Classic
                    Took it to a free show held every Saturday night in North Phoenix this past weekend and joined six Avantis, a 52, a 62 GT Hawk and another GT.
                    The color is Taupe and Artic White--an original color.
                    Like John & Tracy says, we would sure like to see it in Glendale this year. Also be on the lookout for a 1957 Broadmoor wagon in the exact same color combination as yours is. The owner of that car lives in the area, and I'd expect him to be there. It would be a sight to see them parked next to each other while the meet is on.[^]

Craig

Comment

I had the opportunity to see this car in person last week and it is really nice. The pipes sound nice too[] Brian really has no good reason not to bring it to Glendale as he only lives no more than 40 minutes from there

Frank van Doorn
                      Omaha, Ne.
                      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                      1963 Daytona Conv
                      1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                      Frank van Doorn
                      Omaha, Ne.
                      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing it in Glendale I'll be there with my camera, and maybe even something to record the sound too. As you might guess from my signature, it gives me something to aim for...eventually

Jim B on PEI
                        63 Wagonaire 259 o/d
                        57 Champion W4 o/d
                        57 Champion W4 automatic
                        57 Commander W4 automatic

Comment

My wife and I really appreciate all the comments. The car will be in Glendale-it is downhill almost all the way from where we live in Anthem. I will be in charge of the Memorabilia room at Glendale and will post a couple of pics of my garage on the International site soon. Some of the memorabilia in the garage will be at the meet.
                          Today's picture is the front of the 57 which, by the way, does have a name; "Classic Lady". I know that, at the International, they are going to try to park vehicles in their class for the week so the 57s should be close to each other.
                          Brian and Aleta Millette
                          Anthem Az

Comment

Very nice car. I wish look like this, i saw a few more months should get mine running and enjoy it like you are enjoying yours . Congratulation.

Comment

Good job. I think the '57s are some of the nicest looking Studes ever.
                              Beautiful lines. Best of luck.
                              Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                              Smithtown,NY
                              Long Island Studebaker Club
                              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                              Smithtown,NY
                              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                              X