Is this model a Studebaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this model a Studebaker?

I saw this old truck model on Ebay which describes it as a Studabaker (sic)type truck. Haven't made a bid but wanted to know what you all thought about it and if it's genuine - whether it'd be worth the asking (starting) price.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Looks very similar to the Coca Cola truck I've seen in TW. It was, I think, an early thirties model too. Although, full size.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Looks very similar to the Coca Cola truck I've seen in TW. It was, I think, an early thirties model too. Although, full size.

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Ron Smith

Comment

Thanks Ron, looking at an old Literary Digest Ad of 12/28/35 it is a Cab-Forward Truck, will keep watching it and the price of 39.99 is good unless it increases dramatically as they sometimes do.

John Clements
        Lockleys South Australia
        John Clements

Comment

Thanks Ron, looking at an old Literary Digest Ad of 12/28/35 it is a Cab-Forward Truck, will keep watching it and the price of 39.99 is good unless it increases dramatically as they sometimes do.

John Clements
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements

Comment

John: This is a 'Studebaker' type truck and the Geary book lists several designs like this by several different manufacturers. The only mfgr that actually claimed Studebaker relationship was Kingsbury. Keep in mind that this Marx truck has been repainted, and, is missing the grille/headlight/bumper section. I believe that Julian Thomas in Michigan has the replacement section available. I would say if the truck doesn't 'get crazy, it would be a good restoration project.

toyman

Comment

John: This is a 'Studebaker' type truck and the Geary book lists several designs like this by several different manufacturers. The only mfgr that actually claimed Studebaker relationship was Kingsbury. Keep in mind that this Marx truck has been repainted, and, is missing the grille/headlight/bumper section. I believe that Julian Thomas in Michigan has the replacement section available. I would say if the truck doesn't 'get crazy, it would be a good restoration project.

toyman

Comment

Thanks, I'm awaiting postage details before deciding whether to bid, I have a man here who can repair/repaint models and this one certainly needs some TLC. Do you have contact details for Julian Thomas?

John Clements
                Lockleys South Australia
                John Clements

Comment

Thanks, I'm awaiting postage details before deciding whether to bid, I have a man here who can repair/repaint models and this one certainly needs some TLC. Do you have contact details for Julian Thomas?

John Clements
                  Lockleys South Australia
                  John Clements

Comment

John: Julian's info: tele: 810-629-8707 fax: 810-714-6097 address: Box 405 Fenton, MI 48430 USA He advertises a catalog for $7.00. It lists all sorts of replacement parts for toys. If you are into restoring, you need that catalog. But....I am sure he would be able to give you specific info about the grill/headlight/bumper part without you buying the catalog.

toyman

Comment

John: Julian's info: tele: 810-629-8707 fax: 810-714-6097 address: Box 405 Fenton, MI 48430 USA He advertises a catalog for $7.00. It lists all sorts of replacement parts for toys. If you are into restoring, you need that catalog. But....I am sure he would be able to give you specific info about the grill/headlight/bumper part without you buying the catalog.

toyman

Comment

John,
                        If the the price was right I'd buy it and put it in my collection. I have a few trucks like that already. Mid 30's COE's.

Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO
                        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                        Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO

Comment

John,
                          If the the price was right I'd buy it and put it in my collection. I have a few trucks like that already. Mid 30's COE's.

Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO
                          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

Hey Gary, I was curious if any of those '26 Studebaker pedal cars survived? There's two pictured in the Feb TW page 29. I could never afford one, just curious.

Lotsa Larks!
                            Ron Smith
                            Ron Smith

Comment

Hey Gary, I was curious if any of those '26 Studebaker pedal cars survived? There's two pictured in the Feb TW page 29. I could never afford one, just curious.

Lotsa Larks!
                              Ron Smith
                              Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X