I put the '63 on Ebay tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put the '63 on Ebay tonight

I found a Champ that I like. However, to avoid marital distress, I need to unload the 63 and all the related goodies I have accumulated. I'm listing it this one time. If it doesn't sell, I'll not lose sleep (I just won't get a Champ). Have a look and let me know. It's been a while since I put a car on Ebaymotors and the new posting method SUCKS. I added a link to more photos. I took a ton of pics. Here is a link to the auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=270091525412
    Here is a link to more photos:
    http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/tstclr/63Lark/

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

You have two things working against you. The cars location, and the fact that it's a project car. Hope I'm wrong, but in my experience it'll be a tough sale at anywhere near your investyment.

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

You have two things working against you. The cars location, and the fact that it's a project car. Hope I'm wrong, but in my experience it'll be a tough sale at anywhere near your investyment.

64 Commander 2 dr.
      64 Daytona HT
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert
      63 Lark 2 door
      63 Lark 2 door #2
      62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
      62 Lark 2 door
      62 GT Hawk 4 speed
      60 Lark HT
      60 Hawk
      59 3E truck
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tstclr
        It's been a while since I put a car on Ebaymotors and the new posting method SUCKS.
        Good honest ad. Good luck with it!

BTW, you can still choose the old method of posting a car for sale. I don't like the new method either and always select the old method.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

It's been a while since I put a car on Ebaymotors and the new posting method SUCKS.

BTW, you can still choose the old method of posting a car for sale. I don't like the new method either and always select the old method.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick S. wrote:

Which you won't be able to do after early May.

Dwain G.

Comment

Dick S. wrote:

Which you won't be able to do after early May.

Dwain G.

Comment

Yes, the odds are against me. I'm hoping someone will see the value in the parts (rebuilt T10's arent cheap these days). Like I said, if it doesn't sell, I won't lose sleep. I'm not prepared to give it away. I posted the car on a few non Stude boards where the folks are used to paying big bucks for non-Stude iron.
                Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Yes, the odds are against me. I'm hoping someone will see the value in the parts (rebuilt T10's arent cheap these days). Like I said, if it doesn't sell, I won't lose sleep. I'm not prepared to give it away. I posted the car on a few non Stude boards where the folks are used to paying big bucks for non-Stude iron.
                  Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

I just posted the Studebaker newsgroup that I think your eBay listing is as good as any I've seen (at least very close to Dick's listings)- thorough, but not so long as to turn off readers, accurate (no Studebaker bum dope/myths). I hope you do well.
                    I tried the "new" eBay method recently, but backed out before listing and went back to the old style. I guess I'll try to list a bunch of stuff BEFORE we are forced to use the new system.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                    Museum R-4 engine
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

I just posted the Studebaker newsgroup that I think your eBay listing is as good as any I've seen (at least very close to Dick's listings)- thorough, but not so long as to turn off readers, accurate (no Studebaker bum dope/myths). I hope you do well.
                      I tried the "new" eBay method recently, but backed out before listing and went back to the old style. I guess I'll try to list a bunch of stuff BEFORE we are forced to use the new system.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                      '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                      '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                      Museum R-4 engine
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I couldn't see the option for the old method. I tried to cut and paste my photobucket links but they wouldn't paste in the description window. Took me an hour to list the darn thing!
                        I posted my auction on the Pure Stock forum at v8buick.com and a smart *ss who in his signature boasted about his 66 Vette running 13.75 replied "Do I have to be over 65 to bid?" My reply was:
                        "No, but you have to be able to handle a car that potentially could go faster than 13.75"
                        hahahaha!
                        Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

I couldn't see the option for the old method. I tried to cut and paste my photobucket links but they wouldn't paste in the description window. Took me an hour to list the darn thing!
                          I posted my auction on the Pure Stock forum at v8buick.com and a smart *ss who in his signature boasted about his 66 Vette running 13.75 replied "Do I have to be over 65 to bid?" My reply was:
                          "No, but you have to be able to handle a car that potentially could go faster than 13.75"
                          hahahaha!
                          Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

I'd really like to add that one to my collection, but for several reasons it's just not in the cards; just moved here to KY, still have to retrieve a couple of my Studes that are stuck in that white stuff back in MI till the spring thaw, and lack of sufficient enclosed storage.
                            However, looking over your listing the biggest deal killer I see is the requirement for pickup within 15 days, in Canada? in the winter?
                            Unlikely that you will receive many bids from much further than a days drive away.

Comment

I'd really like to add that one to my collection, but for several reasons it's just not in the cards; just moved here to KY, still have to retrieve a couple of my Studes that are stuck in that white stuff back in MI till the spring thaw, and lack of sufficient enclosed storage.
                              However, looking over your listing the biggest deal killer I see is the requirement for pickup within 15 days, in Canada? in the winter?
                              Unlikely that you will receive many bids from much further than a days drive away.

Comment

Working...
                              X