Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You'll never know what you'll find in the barn..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll never know what you'll find in the barn..

I was digging through the barn last week trying to find where I stashed a bucket with extra ohv six manifold keepers when I found a V8 starter buried under some boxes.

I bench tested the starter and it works, the funny thing is I cannot recall scrapping out a V8 that had a starter on it. In fact most of the Larks I have scrapped all had ohv sixes with rods through the block

Well, I have a V8 starter for my Ohv taxi drivetrain

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
    The Replacements.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

My luck is usually the opposite as when Im digging through my stash Ill find something that is worthless and cant understand why Im hanging onto it

Tom

sigpic

Comment

LOL, I'm with you Pink! Like the seven automatic V8 starters I have. And all manual cars... Oi![8]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

My luck is opposite as well. I normally find the part I need in my stash after I have given up looking and bought it from some one else.

Dave Pink
        Victoria, Australia

1913 SA25 Town Car
        1916 SF Roadster
        1925 ER Tourer
        1925 Panel Delivery
        1953 Champion Sedan
        1957 Golden Hawk

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
        http://www.studebakercarclub.net
        Dave Pink
        Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
        1925 ER Tourer
        1925 Panel Delivery
        1953 Champion Sedan
        1957 Golden Hawk
        1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
        http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

quote:Originally posted by davepink53

My luck is opposite as well. I normally find the part I need in my stash after I have given up looking and bought it from some one else.

Dave Pink
          Victoria, Australia
          Been there and done that! [B)] I needed a 2-5/16" (silly USA measurements diameter ball hitch to pull a car trailer a few weeks ago so I went to the hardware store and paid $12 for a new ball. I removed the existing 2" ball and put the 2-5/16" ball on in its place, then decided to put the 2" ball in the passenger side door pocket for safe keeping. I opened the door to put it in and found a nearly new 2-5/16" ball! [:0] I had forgotten that I bought one two years ago. [B)]

Love birds...Red Hawks in mating season.
          In the middle of Minnestudea
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I glad I'm not the only one going through this sort of madness. I recently gave away a bunch of parts that had been cluttering up the barn for years. A couple of starters, generators, and a gas tank. Mind you, that was only about 3 days ago. I got a call from a guy today who needs a generator, for which now I have to go digging and hoping... DUH. Another gent will sell me a Wagonaire which just happens to missing its gas tank. Yeah, the same one I just got rid of....double DUH. And in the batch of starters that just left was one I should have kept for the 289 auto I just got. DUH again. A trifecta of OOOPSes.

sals54
            sals54

Comment

Working...
            X