No announcement yet.

New Studebaker Motors Company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these people have done is tie up some Studebakers logos bia the trademark route. Check out the copyright dates on the Internat pages and you'll see no action in along time. Company is owned by an attorney who also owns some very valuable Studebaker tradmarks.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Owned by an attorney...
      Wonder if he asserts ownership now, that sometimne in the future he could cause trouble for parts suppliers?

Demand a license fee for Lark nameplates, stuff like that?
      Or even the basic use of the Studebaker name...?

There is some of that going on now in the toy and model industry...Ferrari wants a fee from firms making toys/models. Fair enough for their new cars.

But some companies want license fees for military aircraft they built in the 40s...P-51s and the like. Presumably, Uncle Sam paid them for their work back then.

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Interesting thought John. [}][}]

Comment

Looks like the newest CEO is a Colorado entrepreneur:

http://www.ricreedapparel.com/

He refers to the Studebaker Motor Company scooters being available Summer 2010 "providing funding is in place." He's also listed as a realtor for "Ric W Reed Realty" in Westminster, CO.

[?][?][?]

"The Common Sense Car"

'61 Lark "Isabella"
          '63 Lark "Lucy"
          '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
          A bunch of other Larks
          '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com
          "The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
          '63 Lark "Lucy"
          '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
          A bunch of other Larks
          '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Comment

I can't think of anything that would be more detrimental to our nameplate than to have some joker come out with a new "Studebaker" made in Korea or worse yet by TATA. YUK!!! [xx(]

Doug
            Venice, Florida
            1950 Champion
            9G F1

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

All these people have done is tie up some Studebakers logos bia the trademark route. Check out the copyright dates on the Internat pages and you'll see no action in along time. Company is owned by an attorney who also owns some very valuable Studebaker tradmarks.
              About seven or eight years ago when I was heavily involved with the Wikipedia auto project, I moved to have the article on Studebaker Motors deleted because it was a nonentity without any supporting (or third party) data to back it up. The guy behind the article fought like hell to keep the article on Wikipedia, but the simple truth is that there was never any supporting evidenece to prove that it was ever a going concern. He claimed that it was an pointed to a US DOT document. Other than a filing with the US DOT for a certificate, still nothing According to the employee who I spoke to in the DOT, they granted the certificate to test, but that's what that department does do, issues certificates for "tests". Whether or not the test happened is another story. It in no way was a sign off of legitimacy. So the article was deleted from main content and then transfered to used space where it was suppossed to be mothballed.

Now if that article is back up on Wikipedia, thats another story. But back then we could find no reason to accept it as anything other than the manifestation of a person's wishful thinking.

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

Quick sear of Wikipedia does not show any references to the Studebaker Motor Company. However, there is a reference to the Motorcycle company. Owner of that company is the same individual that owns the trademark rights to the Lazy "S" symbol we all live.

Comment

Working...
                X