X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very reasonable 66 Cruiser

Sure looks like a good car for the money:

http://tinyurl.com/yaxo82e

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

That looks like a very low price to me. But I suppose by the time you get everything repaired and repainted, you'll have more in it than it's worth. I was surprised to read that it's a Cruiser model, as it looks very bare bones (cheap) on the outside. A dark color would improve the looks of it dramatically, perhaps a dark metallic red or black. If I had some money and a larger shed, I might be interested. [8D]

A wild Red Hawk admiring it's reflection.
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

True Brent, but the BIN is actually rational, especially considering usual eBay prices[xx(] right now there's a 64 2dsd on there, probably beyond saving, with an opening bid of $3500[xx(] it's about the 5th time- it was originally starting at $8500[)]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Sure looks like a good car for the money:
        http://tinyurl.com/yaxo82e
        That was my reaction too. A '66 Cruiser is a very plush, comfortable car. This one had disc brakes, power steering, reclining seats and it had A/C at one time. I think the seller gave a very honest appraisal of the car and,, if he isn't familiar with the cars, he may have overstated what he saw as defects.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

sigpic
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Looks like a super bargain to me. Wish it was closer to home. What a great solid body.

Somebody snap this up for the buy it now price!

Comment

Steven is a club member, I have not talked to him about the car but he might have just picked it up to save and offer it for sale the only thing it is missing is the vinyl roof, everything else looks like stock cruiser picture show power steering and power disk brakes, good price if some one wanted a cruiser...Bob

Candbstudebakrs
            Castro Valley,
            California

Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

If I was in California, I would definitely snatch this car up and make a daily driver out of it.

No smog, no yearly inspection hassle, and a good price on a clean looking car.

If it was a two door or a wagon it would be long gone.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

Steven is a club member, I have not talked to him about the car but he might have just picked it up to save and offer it for sale the only thing it is missing is the vinyl roof, everything else looks like stock cruiser picture show power steering and power disk brakes, good price if some one wanted a cruiser...Bob

Candbstudebakrs
                Castro Valley,
                California

Looks like well-worth the $$ to me. Not all '66 Cruisers had a vinyl top; it was an option so it probably never had one, although I agree it would have dressed the car up.

Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1 (sold new by Cordell Motors, Moorhead, MN)
                '64 Daytona Hardtop (sold new by Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA)

Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

I would have seriously considered it except I am only interested in Stude-powered cars currently. But I can tell anyone interested that the 283 in that car is as solid and dependable as was ever built, and can be perked up to rather peppy for minimal cost and effort (unlike Studes[:I]).

All in all, a great car for a budget hobbyist with limited interest and/or ability to work on them.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

That IS a great deal!

It's a good thing the amount of desire for the vehicle you want (but have no room for) is proportional to it's distance from you.

Comment

Nice looking 20-footer. It's in no worse shape than what I started with in Barney; needs all the usual stuff, but it's a '66!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                      '63 F2/Lark Standard
                      http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                      www.studebakersandiego.com
                      Clark in San Diego
                      '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
                      http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

A big thank you to all of you for your comments. I am just wanting to see this car go to a good home, if someone does a BIN I'll almost brake even. Wouldn't it be fun to save them all.

Comment

Working...
                        X