Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Address of Truck Plant

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Address of Truck Plant

    I would like to know the address of the new SI in the old truck plant at South Bend.

    7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
    Studebaker Diners Club

  • #2
    Yes, so it can be put into GPS devices for finding SI West.

    [img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    ....On the road, again....
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

    Comment


    • #3
      Enter; Studebaker Industrial Park, Chippawa Ave. South Bend, Indiana

      Richard

      Comment


      • #4
        Can some native of South Bend advise on the correctness of the following statement?

        To go from the St. Joseph Co. Fair Grounds (the Swap meet) to the new SI building one exits the fair grounds on the north side (Johnson St?) and drives west to US 31 (Michigan St), drives north under Rt 20 to Chippewa Ave (two blocks) and turns west to the new facility?

        This is taken from MapQuest, I'm not at all sure it's right.



        [img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
        Tom Bredehoft
        '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
        '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
        ....On the road, again....
        '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
        All Indiana built cars

        Comment


        • #5
          quote:Originally posted by Tom B

          Can some native of South Bend advise on the correctness of the following statement?

          To go from the St. Joseph Co. Fair Grounds (the Swap meet) to the new SI building one exits the fair grounds on the north side (Johnson St?) and drives west to US 31 (Michigan St), drives north under Rt 20 to Chippewa Ave (two blocks) and turns west to the new facility?

          This is taken from MapQuest, I'm not at all sure it's right.



          [img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
          Tom Bredehoft
          '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
          '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
          ....On the road, again....
          '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
          All Indiana built cars
          From the fair grounds: exit at the north exit (Jackson Rd.) and turn right until you get to the intersection (Inronwood Rd.) go left. Keep going straight until the next intersection (Ireland Rd.) turn left. Keep going that way until you get to S. Michigan St. and turn right. Go straight until you get to Chippewa and turn left. Drive straight until you see the big lazy S sign that says "Studebaker Business Corp." and turn there, it will be on the right.

          Chris Dresbach

          1940 Champion two door.
          Parts of the 1952 Model N
          1960s Prototype cart
          Chris Dresbach

          Comment


          • #6
            quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5

            I would like to know the address of the new SI in the old truck plant at South Bend.

            7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
            http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
            Studebaker Diners Club
            Plant 3 & 4, or Aviation plant, then trucks.[)][8D]

            Chris Dresbach

            1940 Champion two door.
            Parts of the 1952 Model N
            1960s Prototype cart
            Chris Dresbach

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks Chris. There for a while I thought it was top secret. I know exactly where it is at now.

              7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
              http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
              Studebaker Diners Club

              Comment


              • #8
                quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5

                Thanks Chris. There for a while I thought it was top secret. I know exactly where it is at now.

                7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
                Studebaker Diners Club
                Well...
                In the early years of the war when Studebaker used it to make bomber engines, it was a top secret where exactly and who was making the engines, but eventually word got out and it didn't really matter. One of the odd features about this plant is the walls. You will notice that compared to the engineering building and building 54/58 before that, this new building has NO windows except up fron, and that was a later add on. The area that SI occupies has no windows at all. The plant was made for blackout conditions. It makes some parts of the plant kind of erie...[:0]

                One thing that I do want everybody to know is that we [u]ARE NOT AT THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING.</u> AM General still uses the main lobby of the building. Here is how to get to the SI portion: enter in the main driveway, but keep right all the way. There is a road that goes all the way around the plant. There is a semi intersection at the end of the drive near the old parking lots. You want to turn right as if you were a semi going to the docks, there are only docks on this side of the plant. (You can see them) You want to drive up to the water tower and look to your left past that. There will be a storage semi trailer parked out front and by then there will be a sign out front. There will be signs to get to the new store, but this is the easiest directions if they aren't for some reason.[]

                Chris Dresbach

                1940 Champion two door.
                Parts of the 1952 Model N
                1960s Prototype cart
                Chris Dresbach

                Comment


                • #9
                  ok, this may be a dumb question but what is the new new SI

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    quote:Originally posted by copcars1

                    ok, this may be a dumb question but what is the new new SI
                    Ed Reynolds now has a South Bend location. It is located in the Aviation plant Studebaker once used.

                    Chris Dresbach

                    1940 Champion two door.
                    Parts of the 1952 Model N
                    1960s Prototype cart
                    Chris Dresbach

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      To get to SI, follow this line.


                      Chris Dresbach

                      1940 Champion two door.
                      Parts of the 1952 Model N
                      1960s Prototype cart
                      Chris Dresbach

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        quote:Originally posted by Tom B

                        Yes, so it can be put into GPS devices for finding SI West.
                        [u]For GPS use:</u>

                        701 West Chippewa Ave.
                        South Bend, IN 46614

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          quote:Originally posted by Welcome

                          quote:Originally posted by Tom B

                          Yes, so it can be put into GPS devices for finding SI West.
                          [u]For GPS use:</u>
                          Also. N41.63602, W86.25889 for the road entrance
                          N41.64185, W86.25618 for the building entrance.

                          ChopStu

                          116 weeks till completion.
                          61 Lark

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Or just drive aimlessley around South Bend.[]

                            Chris Dresbach

                            1940 Champion two door.
                            Parts of the 1952 Model N
                            1960s Prototype cart
                            Chris Dresbach

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              what is being built there?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X