Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vender name needed - cedar rapids

Emailed to me by Jack Ammons:

I met an Avanti owner in Chicago in Sept. He had attended the 2009 Cedar Rapids meet and found a vendor that had Avanti hood props for sale. They are made of aluminum and have fittings at each end to attach to the hood and body connectors. I have contacted the vendor contact for the Cedar Rapids meet for assistance in obtaining the vendor name. I emailed and also called and left a message and got no response from either.
    I received the April Turning Wheels today and read about your new endeavor and photo at the meet and thought that I would contact you to see if you have any recollection as to who the vendor might have been.

I have been a Studebaker fan for years as I grew up riding in a 1939 Commander with my grandparents. I learned how to work on cars by maintaining a 10 year old 1947 Champion.
    I retired in 2007 and got into Avantis and own a 1980 and the 1983 20th anniversary special in the March TW on the back of the red Studebaker car hauler going to the Chicago meet.

If you should have any thoughts who the vendor might be for the Avanti hood props, I would appreciate any info which you could provide.
    Keep the good articles/comments coming concerning your vehicles. Last year, I read the article about you getting to drive the black Daytona coupe. Even as an old 67 yr old guy, I was extremely envious!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Jack Ammons

Hey Matthew there was a guy outside selling abunch of fiberglass avanti parts and some other avanti parts named Ryan Paturalski I have his contact info if this is the guy in question.

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Duane Miller (aka Deafmute) was selling aluminum tubing with a hook/clip on one end and notch on the other in the indoor swap area. Had several sizes for several models, not sure if Avanti included.

Maybe those are what he is looking for?

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Email Duane at dulymiller@mchsi.com

Richard

Comment

Working...
        X