NOS 53 Grill Surround on ebay. Shameless Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS 53 Grill Surround on ebay. Shameless Plug

Here is a tidbit for those who may be interested. I have on ebay, an NOS Grill Surround for a 53 C K Commander or Champion. Let it rip. Remember to bid high and bid often.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1101

sals54
    sals54

Only $26 as we speak!![:0] And...NO RESERVE!!
    If I needed one, I'd jump on that twenty or thirty times!![^]
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Sal,good luck with the sale! am anxious to see what this sale brings! Ed

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr Speed 53

Sal,good luck with the sale! am anxious to see what this sale brings! Ed
        The guy that got the best deal was the one that sold it to Sal, he found it sealed in the factory box at the dump. Makes you wonder how many other rare parts ended up there.
        Reminds me of a joke we played on Dan Webber years ago. He was digging a long pit to put barbecue coals in to roast spuds at a Studebaker meet. I borrowed a NOS piece of Studebaker trim and buried it a few feet away from the direction he was digging. He'd still be there today if I would not have told him about the joke.

JDP Maryland
        Disclaimer:
        None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Gosh Sal

After 3 hours it's $237. If the bidding keeps up at that rate it will be $13272 at the end of the auction.

You might get Brandon's R2 lark yet.[)]

Bob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

Gosh Sal

After 3 hours it's $237. If the bidding keeps up at that rate it will be $13272 at the end of the auction.

You might get Brandon's R2 lark yet.[)]

Bob

My guess is $643

JDP Maryland
            Disclaimer:
            None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Does anybody on this forum have the ability to make zinc castings? Looks like there may be a market for some reproductions.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Does anybody on this forum have the ability to make zinc castings? Looks like there may be a market for some reproductions.

Dave TBow has the reproductions, about $500 each unplated as I recall.

JDP Maryland
                Disclaimer:
                JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Dave TBow has the reproductions, about $500 each unplated as I recall.

JDP Maryland
                  Disclaimer:
                  I heard that China can make them for 3 dollars a piece but they would be much heavier in weight due to the high lead content.

A wild Red Hawk admiring it's reflection.
                  In the middle of Minnestudea
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Sal just beat me to that craigslist ad as I was second in line. The seller had no idea what is fit, only that it was Studebaker. Sal should make a nice profit on this one. Jeff

Comment

Got to love those finds. But, Sal. Why don't you put it on your car and look fo another one to match.
                      Good Roads
                      Brian

Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca
                      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
                      Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Brian, I don't think I could, in good conscience, put such a nice piece on my car. As you can see below, it does not warrant such niceties. The grills I have in it now are adequate considering the overall condition of the car. It will not likely ever indulge itself in too much chrome. But thanks for the nice thought. Someone else will be very happy to get such a nice grill as the NOS one.

sals54
                        sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

Brian, I don't think I could, in good conscience, put such a nice piece on my car. As you can see below, it does not warrant such niceties. The grills I have in it now are adequate considering the overall condition of the car. It will not likely ever indulge itself in too much chrome. But thanks for the nice thought. Someone else will be very happy to get such a nice grill as the NOS one.

sals54
                          Sal, you are my idol. When I grow up, I want to be just like you.

Jerry Forrester
                          Forrester's Chrome
                          Douglasville, Georgia
                          Jerry Forrester
                          Forrester's Chrome
                          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Sal You have got to love those snipers!
                            Hope that is what you expected to get.
                            I was guessing $600.00 plus. Wish you would have had two.[]
                            Good Roads
                            Brian

Brian Woods
                            woodysrods@shaw.ca
                            Brian Woods
                            woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

I guessed under $600 as Sal was honest enough to mention the Korean Chrome. Sal is the best!!!!
                              Still,it's as original as you could get.Makes you wonder about over restored cars with perfect new chrome???

A.C.Moisley
                              A.C.Moisley

Comment

Working...
                              X