E-Vanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Vanti

Maybe this is the way to go, but I will miss the sound from the R1.
    http://www.enertiamotors.com/progress.html
    And another one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSNbltl8SWk

Lennart...
    -63 Avanti R1
    -61 Champ 6E5 122"
    -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112"
    -58 Golden Hawk
    Lennart...
    -63 Avanti R1
    -61 Champ 6E5 122\"
    -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112\"
    -58 Golden Hawk

I miss seeing the R4 in this Avanti.

Jack White
    Charlotte,NC
    [/URL]
    Jack White
    Charlotte,NC
    North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Well it's probably the wave of the future and my wife even drives a Prius but when it comes to my Avanti II, I'll be turning the key to hear the roar of 350+ HP and the attendant Sturm and Drang until I can't open the door.

Bob

Comment

Well, one has a really nice trunk tub, and the other one a "pretty decent" rear suspension.
        If these fellows would come back from the dark side, they might make themselves useful.

It's just a phase they're going through. Well, a triple phase. Maybe they'll race one on a short circuit, if they don't meet too much resistance. Currently I have a whole series of objections. A battery of them, you might say.

Comment

I was thinking someone will ask about the R4 that was in this Avanti....But I guess Not.

Jack White
          Charlotte,NC
          [/URL]
          Jack White
          Charlotte,NC

Comment

OK Jack, I'll bite. What happened to the R4? Was it one of your hot rods? [8D]

Matthew Burnette

Comment

Nope The car was raced around the Raleigh area in the early 70' timeframe. The block a B block was damaged and went to the dump. But the heads intake ect were put on a modified 289 block which was removerd when sold to the electric car folks. The engine is for sale but I can not bring myself to pop for the amount being asked. and thats all I know.

Jack White
              Charlotte,NC
              [/URL]
              Jack White
              Charlotte,NC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

Well it's probably the wave of the future and my wife even drives a Prius
                My wife drives a 335 hp 1999 Camaro SS. Her next car will be a 400 hp
                2005 or 2006 C6 Corvette - 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and 28 mpg highway. We
                like to keep our money in the US - except for the Holden, but that is
                owned/powered by GM anyway.

Make sure you tell your wife, hold the button for 3 seconds.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                X