This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDP

Please don't get your shorts all in a bunch due to the comments of one forum member with five posts.

You know how the forum feels about you and the positive way you contribute to the forum and the hobby. Let's just keep on keepin' on the way it's been and disregard the one outlier.

Bob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP
      My post count will drop to zero if this crap keeps up.

JDP Maryland
      Disclaimer: None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
      Interpretation: If I can't peddle my wares here, I'll leave.

It seems that this forum lately has been nothing than a free source of advertising for your flipping/carpet business. Does this mean that your business partner Sal will take over the advertising duties?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

JDP

Please don't get your shorts all in a bunch due to the comments of one forum member with five posts.

You know how the forum feels about you and the positive way you contribute to the forum and the hobby. Let's just keep on keepin' on the way it's been and disregard the one outlier.

Bob

This one did not get to me, it was one in a now deleted thread where a forum member linked to a fake auction on ebay that mocked me and my friends. When they start messing with ebay, I pay attention.
        I'll try and step back and ignore them, if they'll just do the same.

JDP Maryland
        Disclaimer: None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP

Bob

FYI, I wasn't the one who complained. In fact, I don't even know who I'd have to complain to other than the webmaster.

Since when did post count mean anything? The person with the highest count ever on this forum got tired of what he saw and left. I think everyone here at one point had 5 posts, does that mean your comments aren't as important as someone who lives on this forum? Pretty lame response sweetheart.

Comment

Sorry about that one, your e-mail either got lost in the shuffle or came in too late. My screw up with you is a good example of why all of them should go on ebay where everyone has the same chance. I sell perhaps one out of a few dozen pre ebay anyway. JDP
            Like I said- no hard feelings. I now know how fast a mailbox can pile up, even more then I did before. I see a new account in my future for this very reason. [)]
            Also like I said- it may have been for the better-- I'm beginning to think that six cars is a few too many- one more would've been even worse... [:0] [B)]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
            A.K.A. Captian Obvious

StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Walter

My post count will drop to zero if this crap keeps up.

JDP Maryland
              Interpretation: If I can't peddle my wares here, I'll leave.

It seems that this forum lately has been nothing than a free source of advertising for your flipping/carpet business. Does this mean that your business partner Sal will take over the advertising duties?
              Look, I don't know who you are, or what your problem is but I don't advertise my Studebaker upholstery vending unless someone asks. Actually, most of the time, another poster tells them about it. BTW, Sal has nothing to do with the upholstery, he is just one of several forum guys that have helped me prep cars for ebay.

JDP Maryland
              JDP Maryland

Comment

FYI, I wasn't the one who complained. In fact, I don't even know who I'd have to complain to other than the webmaster.

Since when did post count mean anything? The person with the highest count ever on this forum got tired of what he saw and left. I think everyone here at one point had 5 posts, does that mean your comments aren't as important as someone who lives on this forum? Pretty lame response sweetheart.
                Seeing as you've only been here for three whole days, oh nevermind...

I know where this is all goin'!!!

StudeDave '57 [8D]

StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

JDP

Bob

Yep, that was StudeBob, my first "dealer" I miss him, but we talk on the phone often and still work together.

JDP Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Sorry about that one, your e-mail either got lost in the shuffle or came in too late. My screw up with you is a good example of why all of them should go on ebay where everyone has the same chance. I sell perhaps one out of a few dozen pre ebay anyway. JDP
                    Like I said- no hard feelings. I now know how fast a mailbox can pile up, even more then I did before. I see a new account in my future for this very reason. [)]
                    Also like I said- it may have been for the better-- I'm beginning to think that six cars is a few too many- one more would've been even worse... [:0] [B)]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                    A.K.A. Captian Obvious

I feel your pain, I once had six Avanti's, never again.

JDP Maryland
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

What no one realizes is all the great knowledge we get from the likes of members on the forum like JDP. Being on for 5-7 posts you get no idea how he (and BP, Guido, N8N, etc etc etc) can be helpful with their knowledge. I don't know how many times they have helped me out when I got "stuck" on something or needed advice before tackling a project. It is unfortunate that someone with minimal posts is casting judgement on such a small amount posts. He is doing us a favor by pre-showing his stuff, so those who truly are interested can get a behind-the-scenes look at what he has. Does 5-7 posts make you any less important, no, but does 5-7 posts allow you to make a broad-based judgemnt on someone, same answer, no

Comment

I'm not sure I want to get dragged into this but I'll stand up for a guy who's done right by me...

Some of us...who are actually working on cars...don't mind a "heads up" about an item going on ebay or a chance to buy something [u]before</u> its posted.
                        In other words, some of us have better things to do than watch ebay 24/7 or make snarky remarks about SDC members who help us.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Seeing as you've only been here for three whole days, oh nevermind...

I know where this is all goin'!!!

StudeDave '57 [8D]

Keen observation Mr. Obvious.

Tell us all where this is heading. At least Carnac the Magnificient could tell me how long I've been lurking on this forum.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by CKOT

What no one realizes is all the great knowledge we get from the likes of members on the forum like JDP. Being on for 5-7 posts you get no idea how he (and BP, Guido, N8N, etc etc etc) can be helpful with their knowledge. I don't know how many times they have helped me out when I got "stuck" on something or needed advice before tackling a project. It is unfortunate that someone with minimal posts is casting judgement on such a small amount posts. He is doing us a favor by pre-showing his stuff, so those who truly are interested can get a behind-the-scenes look at what he has. Does 5-7 posts make you any less important, no, but does 5-7 posts allow you to make a broad-based judgemnt on someone, same answer, no

I don't recall having to register to read this forum which I have done on a regular basis for nearly two years.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

I'm not sure I want to get dragged into this but I'll stand up for a guy who's done right by me...

Some of us...who are actually working on cars...don't mind a "heads up" about an item going on ebay or a chance to buy something [u]before</u> its posted.
                              In other words, some of us have better things to do than watch ebay 24/7 or make snarky remarks about SDC members who help us.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                              Again with the speculation. So are you assuming that I am not working on a Studebaker or spend my time watching E-Bay 24/7?

Snarky???

Comment

Okay, this is enough. I've got no dogs in this fight and I'm sick of the snarling and barking.

Walter, you're out of line and just plain rude. Zip it or take it to PMs.

Moderators: can we lock this thread or delete it, please?

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
                                In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
                                If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Working...
                                X