X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by showbizkid

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

He's on the southwest side of Cleveland. What's his store? I'll drive over there and give him the stink eye.
    If you're going down there, you'd better take a couple buddies. Heck, I wouldn't even drive to the Flats by myself these days! [}]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
    www.studebakersandiego.com
    You would take back up to Columbia Station? Dude, its not Kinsman and East 140th, not even Central and East 55th! (I grew up in Cleveland, so I know the area.) It's out in the middle of nothing! Seriously, as Gertrude Stein once described a place as saying "There is no "there" there" and that might as well be the slogan for Columbia Station.

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

Hi John,
      well I think the guy just did not get the money he needed for the item and stiffed you, saying he hasnt got it any more. Trouble is, he is so broke and stupid he cant wait another three months before putting it up again to sell it again as a different item.

There is nothing you can do but leave ?neg and move on as you say.

Contacting ebay about it is about as useless as making my cat understand anything I say that is not food related. The clowns at ebay are as useless as tits on a bull.

Another whirly thing will come up soon enough and you can throw your readies at yet another bit of Stude junk to fill your garage....

Rearguards
      Greg

Greg Diffen
      Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
      1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
      1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
      1939 Commander Sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards
      1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
      1961 Hawk
      1963 Daytona Hardtop
      1988 Avanti Convertible
      Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
      1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
      1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
      1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
      1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
      1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Looks like this seller is the missing dipstick!

60 Lark convertible
        61 Champ
        62 Daytona convertible
        63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2)
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

did the original listing say pickup only? (like I see now)
          because if it did, you can't assume someone will mail you something. He would have to right to cancel the transaction because you are asking for something other than what he offered. While it's dumb not to mail it to increase your buyer pool potential, it's his choice.

If he gave you the okay for shipping before auction ended, then different story, and do all you can from ebay to get them to make the guy complete the transaction. (keep those messages or emails)
          If he asks to cancel you don't have to agree, right?
          If he made the mistake of not putting in a reserve, the guy is obviously clueless.

Comment

your neg feedback knocked him down to 88.4% !!

Comment

Now nobody hit the BUY IT NOW button and stiff the guy. That wouldn't be nice! He'd have to relist yet again!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gohdes

your neg feedback knocked him down to 88.4% !!
                And I reported him as a non selling seller. Another forum bidder reported him asking why he relisted a sold item.

JDP Maryland
                Disclaimer: None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

We could have everybody on the club each ask him a question ...

========================
                  63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
                  Martinez, CA

Comment

JDP Maryland
                    Disclaimer: None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.

Now that's funny since nearly every post you make is E-Bay related to items you have up for auction or upcoming auctions.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Walter

JDP Maryland

Now that's funny since nearly every post you make is E-Bay related to items you have up for auction or upcoming auctions.

New policy do to complaints. I will no longer sell to forum members pre ebay. True, I am a Studebaker dealer, and sell cars on ebay, if dealers or vendors are not welcome, I'll leave.

JDP Maryland
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP Maryland

New policy do to complaints. I will no longer sell to forum members pre ebay. True, I am a Studebaker dealer, and sell cars on ebay, if dealers or vendors are not welcome, I'll leave.

JDP Maryland
                        So we should expect your post count to drop by 80%-90%.

This could be resolved with an online Classifieds section. I believe this is the only car forum I visit that does not have one.

Comment

In my view dealers and vendors are VERY welcome on the Forum, JDP. It's true of course that the Forum is not intended primarily for buying/selling, but information like eBay vendors to stay away from and "heads up" notices that something in demand is or is going to be on eBay are very helpful to the majority of us. Honest parts vendors and those who buy and sell Studebakers are the life blood of keeping the Studebaker name alive. BTW, the spark plug wires I purchased from you are GREAT -- a quality product fairly priced.

Gene Nagle
                          1963 Hawk R1
                          Gene Nagle
                          1963 Hawk R1
                          1985 Avanti

Comment

JDP Maryland

JDP Maryland
                            So we should expect your post count to drop by 80%-90%.

This could be resolved with an online Classifieds section. I believe this is the only car forum I visit that does not have one.
                            My post count will drop to zero if this crap keeps up.

JDP Maryland
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

That's not completely true dude- pay better attention. JDP has alot of knowledge about restoring/maintaining Studes, and he shares that info quite often here.
                              I've seen it happen within the last week. Look for it, you'll see.

New policy do to complaints. I will no longer sell to forum members pre ebay. True, I am a Studebaker dealer, and sell cars on ebay, if dealers or vendors are not welcome, I'll leave. JDP
                              No kidding?!?!?! Have you before? I ask because the one (and only) time I tried to get in on a "pre eBay deal" of yours offered up on this Forum- you didn't even bother to return my email about it. [:0] It sure as heck managed to show up on eBay, though... [:0] [V] No hard feelings, I doubt I really needed another one anyway, really.

I may have complained once or twice in the past, but now the shoe is on the other foot. I'm a 'vendor' of sorts these days myself. I know just where you're coming from in that respect. I see no need for you to leave~ please just don't tease us with one of your nice rides only to hank the carpet out from under us after the fact.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                              A.K.A. Captain Obvious

StudeDave '57
                              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                              SDC Member since 1985

past President
                              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                              San Diego Chapter SDC
                              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

That's not completely true dude- pay better attention. JDP has alot of knowledge about restoring/maintaining Studes, and he shares that info quite often here.
                                I've seen it happen within the last week. Look for it, you'll see.

New policy do to complaints. I will no longer sell to forum members pre ebay. True, I am a Studebaker dealer, and sell cars on ebay, if dealers or vendors are not welcome, I'll leave. JDP
                                No kidding?!?!?! Have you before? I ask because the one (and only) time I tried to get in on a "pre eBay deal" of yours offered up on this Forum- you didn't even bother to return my email about it. [:0] It sure as heck managed to show up on eBay, though... [:0] [V] No hard feelings, I doubt I really needed another one anyway, really.

I may have complained once or twice in the past, but now the shoe is on the other foot. I'm a 'vendor' of sorts these days myself. I know just where you're coming from in that respect. I see no need for you to leave~ please just don't tease us with one of your nice rides only to hank the carpet out from under us after the fact.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                                A.K.A. Captain Obvious

Sorry about that one, your e-mail either got lost in the shuffle or came in too late. My screw up with you is a good example of why all of them should go on ebay where everyone has the same chance. I sell perhaps one out of a few dozen pre ebay anyway.

JDP Maryland
                                JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                                X