wed. retrobaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wed. retrobaker

Sorry the photos aren't great, hard to read the captions. Intresting to note the authors names are Studebaker engineers, nice tie-in with March TW. Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Hey Junior! Is there any way a fella could get a good, clear copy of that article? I'd sure like to read the actual article. It looks VERY interesting. Thanks in advance!!

Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Sonny, it's August 1952. On the cover it says "Studebaker V8- HOW and WHY it was developed"

When Junior posts an article I like, I take the date and go to eBay for my own copy. Only one right now is $14.99; I'll get one when the usual $4-5 copy shows up. If Junior can't get us a clearer scan I'll see what I can do for ya

Thanks again to Junior for your efforts- we love 'em!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Sonny, I know the quality of the photos are not great. I'm taking them with a held-held cheap digital camera, no tripod, no extra lighting etc. I can't use my scanner because I would have to cut up my book to send the pages through the scanner as it is a sigle sheet feed style, not a flatbed style. I could try to photocopy the pages and then scan them, or if you want to PM me your address I could mail you a photo copy. Let me know what works best for you. Does anyone else want to read the full article? I really found it interesting that all three authors of the article were mentioned in Bob Palma's interview with Sudebaker engineer Johnson (sp?)in March TW. Thanks again for enjoying retrobaker Bams50. Junior

sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I would love to read the whole article if you figure out a way. I'll get my own copy soon as well .

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Junior, If you take the picture from several feet away and use the zoom feature, then the flash will not overexpose the page. If that does not work well, use a small piece of tissue paper to cover the flash. That diffuses the flash a bit and still illuminates the page. One more hint, don't take the picture dead on straight, take it from a slight angle so the flash does not reflect directly back at the camera. I hope this helps.

sals54
            sals54

Comment

Hi Junior-

Could you try a couple better pictures of this article? Sonny and I would really like to read it[] I tried saving them to my computer and blow them up but it didn't quite work. Maybe e-mail a couple pics? If not, no big deal- I'll keep watching eBay for a copy. Thanks for all the great 'retrobaker' threads![^]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I photocopied them and the copies turned out great. I'm going to try and scan the copies, if that doesn't work, I'll try to photo the photocopies, they should turn out better because they lay flat and the paper has no gloss to it...the only thing is....give me a couple of weeks. Right now my Stude is not on the road, it's sitting on jacks stands waiting for it's new rubber and wheels (yahoo), I mail-ordered some ZDDP for it and think I got scammed, I can't get grease to move all the way through the freakin' kingpins, it's warm and sunny out (for here) and I don't get to drive it for at least ANOTHER week. Anyhow, I WILL get it posted, it's just going to be later than sooner. Regards, Junior

sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

No problem Junior, appreciate the effort![^]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                  X