Studebakers hidden everywhere... new pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers hidden everywhere... new pic

For 10 years I've been driving home from work each day through a rather "rough" neighborhood in Charlotte, NC. Along the way there's a garage/body shop with a fenced in area that has always been covered with dense hedges and growth. As I was heading home today, surprise, somebody, maybe the city, had cut down all the brush. Right inside the fence, now visible from the road, was a late 40s early 50s model round cab Studebaker truck. I did a double take and clearly saw "STUDEBAKER" on the tailgate. All I know for now is that it's green and has probably been sitting right there among the other relics for many years. After 44 years since the last Studes rolled off the assembly line, it's amazing how many are still out there hiding. [^]

edp/NC
    '63 Avanti
    '66 Commander
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

Say, Ed, What did you say was the exact address and zip code of the yard where that truck was lurking ? ? ? ? ? Too bad, I'm stuck here in California.! ! Jus' Kiddin'

sals54
    sals54

Comment

Ed,
      Was this on the east side of Charlotte, between downtown and the airport? I use to take West blvd from downtown over to Steele Creek Rd and south just past the 485.

Mike

Comment

Hey Sal, I could show you an R series truck on King Road in Dixon. There's an Avanti on a property at Dixon Avenue and Meridian too.

Good luck getting it away from the property owner. I hate it when they let it rot rather than sell it to someone that will love on it....

Jon Stalnaker
        Editor, Hawk Talks
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Hey guys, here's a quick shot I took on the way home today. [xx(] The truck is located at the 3400 block of Rozelles Ferry in Charlotte, NC. The only sign at the business is "Beware of Dog." And they were closed by the time I got off. This neighborhood is in the rough section of town.[}] But, if I can get by when they're open, I'll drop in and inquire about it. I bet someone took it in for repairs or body work years ago and never came back. Looks like some kind of body work was started on the passenger's side door.

[img][/img]

edp/NC
          '63 Avanti
          '66 Commander
          edp/NC
          \'63 Avanti
          \'66 Commander

Comment

Do I see a faded 'For Sale' sign in the side window?

A wild Red Hawk admiring it's reflection.
            In the middle of Minnestudea
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

good surveillance work Agent edpjr . [8D]

If you are apprehended , the Studebaker Drivers Forum will deny and destroy all documents linking us to you.

Your next assignment - if you accept it - go over the fence .

Canadoug

Comment

There is a patina, yet solid looking Lark sitting in a storage yard off of Freeport Blvd. in Sacramento - close to the Executive Airport. The headlight rims are missing, but otherwise the car looks OK. It hasn't moved in ages. No idea about the owner or their intent. I see this car weekly and often think about asking about it. Hmmm.

Jersey2J | Sacramento, CA
                9G 1950 Studebaker Champion/W3 4-Door DeLuxe
                Visit my Studebaker website - updated often: http://www.studebakerguide.com

Comment

Yes indeed. There is a FOR SALE sign on it. Now if I can ever get by the place to get some info when someone's there beside watchdogs. [}]

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Do I see a faded 'For Sale' sign in the side window?

A wild Red Hawk admiring it's reflection.
                  In the middle of Minnestudea
                  edp/NC
                  '63 Avanti
                  '66 Commander
                  edp/NC
                  \'63 Avanti
                  \'66 Commander

Comment

Just got a report of a "hidden" Studebaker, just 27 miles
                    from me. Goin tomorrow to investigate. Was told it was a
                    4-speed Studebaker, That's all. I should know tomorrow

Tex in Alabama

Makin' a little progress

Comment

Still there. BIG, MEAN, DOGS!! Owner wants $4k. I intended to look closer at it today and get better pics but I also intended to leave CLT today before 11 AM. Finally got on the road 4ish with well over a ton on the truck and the M-5 on the trailer so we just came on home. I have the owners contact info if anyone is interested. Steve
                      sigpic

Comment

Somebody was actually able to get in touch with the people that own the old green round cab truck that I spotted in Charlotte. They're asking $4K for it. Don't know a thing about pickups, but that seems a bit high to me.
                        edp/NC
                        \'63 Avanti
                        \'66 Commander

Comment

Way to high!
                          Brian
                          Brian Woods
                          woodysrods@shaw.ca
                          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

That Charlotte "Rounded" Truck in no way resembles a 1941--48 M Series Truck, it appears to be a '55 or '56 "C" Cab/Transtar with the steel front panel and door visors.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                              That Charlotte "Rounded" Truck in no way resembles a 1941--48 M Series Truck, it appears to be a '55 or '56 "C" Cab/Transtar with the steel front panel and door visors.

I dont see where anyone indicated this one was an M series but for the record its a 1950 "C" cab. Steve
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X