should i trade this man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i trade this man

i have a 57 silver hawk i just purchased not to long ago along with 53 lowey coupe. the hawk is all there but the coupe has been modifed and has no motor. one of my friends wants to trade me a rebuilt 396 driveline, motor,tranny,ignition and everything but motor mounts and drive shaft for the 57 so i can put it in the lowey. what should i do?
    Kevin Phillips
    Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Whatever you feel good about.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Whatever you feel good about.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

PASS! thank you but I think I would have PASS! If your 57 is a Hardtop/six then there was only 120 built. If its a coupe/six then there was 4,163. 9,607 if its a Coupe/V-8. I think GM built considerably more 396's than that in 1965 alone. Just my two cents.

Randy_G
        South Bend or Bust 2007!
        God I miss chrome on cars.
        www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

PASS! thank you but I think I would have PASS! If your 57 is a Hardtop/six then there was only 120 built. If its a coupe/six then there was 4,163. 9,607 if its a Coupe/V-8. I think GM built considerably more 396's than that in 1965 alone. Just my two cents.

Randy_G
          South Bend or Bust 2007!
          God I miss chrome on cars.
          www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

That all depends on how much you like all original and complete '57 Silver Hawks! I like original cars and would restore it, but if you want still another Chevy powered (or is it Chrysler?) '53 coupe and can come up with the rear end you will need to "hold that tiger", then go for it!

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

That all depends on how much you like all original and complete '57 Silver Hawks! I like original cars and would restore it, but if you want still another Chevy powered (or is it Chrysler?) '53 coupe and can come up with the rear end you will need to "hold that tiger", then go for it!

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich

Comment

it is a v8 coupe and it does need a full restore but i will not get to do it until i finish my lowey. i guess the real question is in ten years will i regret getting rid of the hawk? or will be able to get another one for $1000 that is all there?
                Kevin Phillips
                Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

it is a v8 coupe and it does need a full restore but i will not get to do it until i finish my lowey. i guess the real question is in ten years will i regret getting rid of the hawk? or will be able to get another one for $1000 that is all there?
                  Kevin Phillips
                  Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

does anyone know where i can get a v8 stude motor and tranny for the lowey close to arkansas or missouri
                    Kevin Phillips
                    Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

does anyone know where i can get a v8 stude motor and tranny for the lowey close to arkansas or missouri
                      Kevin Phillips
                      Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

Randy, this guy is in the USA, there are no Hardtop '57 Silver Hawks, and thank God, very few 6 cyl. ones, mostly 289's! This is a very cool looking performance car, not a sled !

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich

Comment

Randy, this guy is in the USA, there are no Hardtop '57 Silver Hawks, and thank God, very few 6 cyl. ones, mostly 289's! This is a very cool looking performance car, not a sled !

StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich

Comment

soory i am not a studebaker genius, i am just a 26 year old fan my grandpa has a few and i have always wanted a lowey. i would also like a 56 golden hawk like my grandpas. he has the last production gold and white.
                            Kevin Phillips
                            Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

soory i am not a studebaker genius, i am just a 26 year old fan my grandpa has a few and i have always wanted a lowey. i would also like a 56 golden hawk like my grandpas. he has the last production gold and white.
                              Kevin Phillips
                              Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

Working...
                              X