Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need a new screen name? Moved to Salina...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul, welcome to Kansas! I lived in Salina for almost 5 years before I moved here to Wichita almost 3 years ago. The FIRST thing you should do when your family gets there is take them to the Cozy Inn on 7th St. Make sure you go inside to get the full effect. You will need to wash your clothes several times to get the smell of the burgers out, but it's well worth it. They're the best little burgers in the world! Heck, they've been there in the same building since 1922, a lot of history in that town, have fun!

Eric Boyle
    Packard Engineering, LTD.
    Wichita, Ks.

<---Posts may contain anywhere from 30-100% sarcasm--->

Comment

How about "Leaving Las Vegas"..... wait wasn't there a movie about that?

Comment

quote:How about "Leaving Las Vegas"..... wait wasn't there a movie about that?
        ... and a Sheryl Crow song....

Chris Pile
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Hey Paul, I was just going to hit you up for some of that coffee you mentioned. I'm still here. I agree with everything you said about LV; slowdown, schools, gov't. I'll be leaving next year after 27 years.

There's a guy in Minnesota who sells vintage guitars. He uses Vegas in his name. I think in his case, it's more image than geography, so you can consider what the moniker does to your image while deciding. I just tell people I'm from Nevada.

Comment

Paul, good luck in the smaller town, I know the feeling of smaller places to live and I remember a lot of the good old days growing up in Minnesota, still have a few family members there, Also any place you live is what you make of it at the time your there, have fun with the Studebaker and the new chapter, all good people as you know...Bob

Candbstudebakrs
            Castro Valley,
            California

Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

When I asked to change my screen name I was told that it was not possible, so I guess vegas paul it is no matter where you live.

Tim in Yuma, AZ
              Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
              jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

The Kaiser Traveler that belongs to HerbH is in Salina Kansas as we speak getting its paint job redone. Its at this big shop there somewhere. Herb is going to pick it up sometime in the next two weeks. Might find out he'll have coffee with ya and maybe he'll introduce you to The shop you could go on a tour. Herb is originally from back there he now lives in Fresno Ca.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                The Prez 1955 President State
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                Fresno,Ca
                Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                The Prez 1955 President State
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                Fresno,Ca

Comment

Welcome to the area,

Plenty of Studes around the area, and a warm welcome will surely find you. Very good, and growing car show right in the Salina area (lead sled national) may not be your cup of tea but draws cars from all over.
                  Be prepared for KU Jayhawk, K state Wildcat basketball fever everywhere you go.

Best of luck with the move and the family adjusting to the new adventure.

Once settled into your new home, and finding a need to get out of town, be sure to take the kids to the Cosmosphere in "Hutch"
                  (Hutchinson) just south of you.

Kevin in K.C.

ChopStu

117 weeks till completion.
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I'm really looking forward to getting together with the car communities here in Kansas, and especially the SDC chapter. The Lead Sled show in Salina is pretty well promoted, so that should be fun. I am on the managerial staff with the city, so I'll be involved with all the city-related functions and festivals. Great to hear about other central KS SDC'ers - I look forward to meeting all of you. Chris Pile - thanks for the invitation, I'll try to make the meeting and I'll PM you for details.

Salina, KS, by way of Las Vegas, NV
                    '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Hi.
                      My nane is Herb Helzer.I spent most of my younger years in Salina Kansas.I left in 1957 when i joined the U.S.Air force.Salina is a wonderfull place to live and rase your family.I still go back two times a year.Once in May for the school reunion and in October for the Wenter festaval.I had two cars built in Salina.One was a1956 Chevrolet built fo me by my oldest friend Bob Swisher.You should get to know him.He knowes all the car nuts in Salina.The second car was built by Bright Built Street rods and Restorations.They are located on old hiway 40 about 4 miles west of Salina.Ill be in Salina about March 22nd to pick up my 1951 Kaiser Delux two door Traveler.Keith is repainting the car for me.You should stop by his shop to look at the car.From what ive been told.There are only 7 knowen to exist.Say hello to all my friends.I know you will like Salina.

Fresno Ca

Comment

Working...
                      X