Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Originally posted by bridgegaurd
    It's a Studebaker bed with Dodge fender. This truck has a large number of subtle mods done to it. It is worth a photo feature showing them and the outstanding workmanship.
    Is that on a wagon frame, bridegaurd?
    As far as i know it's on a Champ truck frame, he post on here now and then so hopefully he will answer that. I'm sure that it will be in Phoenix for the meet. I can't decide which one i would trade my next child for. The coupe express, Jeffs Orange M series or this blue one.

Comment

The bumpers lining up perfectly with the front panel like a Lark is why I ask. I have yet to see that happen without a frame swap. It appears to be sitting lower than a normal T cab, but hard to tell. What a beautiful, nicely done Champ. LuLu had quite an exposed day, btw. Great post and a good preview for the Int'l sights and weather. [^]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

The bumpers lining up perfectly with the front panel like a Lark is why I ask. I have yet to see that happen without a frame swap. It appears to be sitting lower than a normal T cab, but hard to tell. What a beautiful, nicely done Champ. LuLu had quite an exposed day, btw. Great post and a good preview for the Int'l sights and weather. [^]
        I have more pics of this truck somewhere on my PHD if i can find them i'll post them. I don't think it is a frame swap becasue it has the straight axle under it, and he's looking for the best way to power steer it.

Comment

Bob's truck has the stock Champ frame but he recently swapped the stock front axle with a Jaguar front suspension. Says it really improved the handling.

Jeff Jones
          Tucson Arizona
          1947 M-5

Comment

Nice. I'd like to see some more shots of that from the front and the back if possible.

Comment

Wow...there are at least six TW-cover-calibre shots in there! Bravo John & Tracy.

I especially like the white late-80s long-wheelbase Avanti. First time I saw a pic of one of those I thought my vision was going wonky. Knew about the 4dr Avantis, but not the "stretched" 2dr...And that '37 Dictator coupe is, to my eye, the apogee of American art-deco car styling. I don't wonder that it attracted a ton of attention.

Thanks for the post!

S.

Comment

Here ya go, Barnlark--two more pictures of Bob's truck (one engine only) and several more of the meet:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000342112920&ref=name#!/photo.php?pid=135592&id=100000342112920&fbid=105619579459445

use the previous/next to scroll through them

Jeff Jones
                Tucson Arizona
                1947 M-5

Comment

[?]

Comment

I can't get to those pictures as I don't have face book can anybody post the pictures here or a different link to them. I have been thinking a lot lately about putting '59 or '60 Lark bumpers on my Champ.

Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jjones

Here ya go, Barnlark--two more pictures of Bob's truck (one engine only) and several more of the meet:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000342112920&ref=name#!/photo.php?pid=135592&id=100000342112920&fbid=105619579459445

use the previous/next to scroll through them
                      What's a facebook?
                      I dont got one of those.
                      And I dont want one.
                      Does that make me a bad person?[}]

Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Here you go...PICS BY Jeff Jones

John and Tracy Smith
                        Queen Creek Arizona
                        http://1955studebaker.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks. Great new sig pics, too.

Comment

Thanks J & T, and sorry Joe and others--I am fairly new to this facebook thing (my kids made me do it) and when it said check the box to post so anybody can see, I took it to mean just that...

Jeff

Jeff Jones
                            Tucson Arizona
                            1947 M-5

Comment

Working...
                            X