• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sat. retrobaker

Avanti anyone?

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

You're making me cry! Well...I was in college back then and didn't have the money anyway.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gunslinger

You're making me cry! Well...I was in college back then and didn't have the money anyway.

Adjusting for inflation, you might still be able to match those deals...except for the R3 - WOW!

$5000 in 1971 = $26,751
      $4000 in 1973 = $19,521
      $3300 in 1973 = $16,105

Still,

Andy
      62 GT

Andy
      62 GT

Comment

Greg,
        I like your retrobaker posts. Keep them coming.
        When I came back for Viet Nam I had $5000.00 in cash. I bought a new 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass with part of the money.
        I now see that I could have bought an Avanti. I wish I had shopped around a little more.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Gary, thanks for your encouragement. I will keep the retrobaker stuff coming as long as it lasts...today I took a look at my files and there are about 25 more posts to come. Some I think is cool, some is kinda lame, but it is what it is and when it's done it's done. I'm just happy to share what my father has shared with me. Speaking about my father, I just got off the phone with him and asked if he still had any photos of his (now my) Stude when he first purchased it way back in the late 50's. He's going to search through his old photos and if there is something for me to include in the retrobaker posts you can bet I'll post it. I'm flying out to the west coast to visit him soon, hopefully he'll dig up some photos for me to share. Thanks again, Junior.

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
          X