Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX Rebel
    replied
    I triple plate most Stude bumpers for $300.00 and guarantee satisfaction. Also repair & plate die cast to show quality finish. Gold plating also available.

Barry'd in Studes

Leave a comment:

• AlexM
    replied
    I had good luck with the Bumper Boys, but I seem to remember someone here having a real bad experience with them.

Alex

Leave a comment:

• Laemmle
    replied
    Just as an additional place for those in the northeast..........Castle Metal Finishing in Hudson, Mass.....they are the house plater for Studebaker folk hero Dave Thibeault.

Leave a comment:

• Bob54
    replied
    Hey Bob,
    All is good with me and Jerry. Sending him the dash trim, radio and speaker grill, the bezel to the parking lights and the trunk lid handle to the commander.
    Bob

Bob McHugh
    Alameda CA

Leave a comment:

• Bob54
    replied
    Thanks for all the leads guys.
    Bob

Bob McHugh
    Alameda CA

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    I also had the Chrome Shop in Rock Island do my chrome on my Hawk. They did a great job. I would also look for some place close as to save on shipping.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Bob, Jerry is the man, ....Bob

Candbstudebakrs
    Castro Valley,
    California

Leave a comment:

• rayoung55
    replied
    Jerry,

Sent you an email about 53 front and rears and the front grill surrounds. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Mute
    replied
    When I was in the San Diego area, I had good results from Lemon Grove Plating located in National City, CA. They did a lot of chrome on my Triumph Motorcycle while I was in the Navy. Since then I had quite a few things redone for my '53 coupe. Some of the pot metal was really in rough shape, but they did excellent work and at that time I thought the price to be fair. I now live in Iowa and have The Chrome Shop (http://www.thechromeshop.com/about/index.html)in Rock Island, IL do my things, and will vouch for their quality. Renenber postage really adds up if you have to ship bumpers, etc.

duane miller

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    Mark Twain one said " I don't think a dam about someone who can't spell a word more than one way."

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by barnlark
    Jerry, it's periodicals btw, I think the above is something you freeze once a year at York. [)]
    I don't care.
    You noed what I ment.[]

Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

Leave a comment:

• 52ragtop
    replied
    that's how they spell things in Aladambama anyway! <G>

Jim

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Jerry does fine work, Bob, and welcome. I hear California chrome prices are quite high, so you may be better off ordering out of state from these guys. We have some great platers associated with this club.

Jerry, it's periodicals btw, I think the above is something you freeze once a year at York. [)]

[img][/img]

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    Welcome to the forum Bob. (wow, another Bob).
    I do chrome plating.
    I don't advertise in any perioticles(sp). I let the guys on this forum do my advertising for me.
    Drop me an email for prices and turn around time.

Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

Leave a comment:

• Bo Markham
    replied
    I used Speed and Sport out of Houston for many years. They did very good work. I also had some stuff done by Barry Hackney's platter out of Houston. Very good, also.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X