No announcement yet.

Aquired a prototype: Moon Cart. Never left ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really having a hard time believeing that this could have been a concept stretcher. It is really "too industrial" in my opinion. Some of those bars are close to 2" thick, a little excessive to carry a person with. Who knows, maybe they built it to carry something into the chicago auto show for all I know[?] Think anybody like Mr. Quinn has any info on this thing[?]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N
    1960s Prototype cart
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris, you are entitled to a free ad in Turning Wheels. Post a picture with a caption stating "Information wanted on this possible prototype." This way, the club members that don't read the forum will see it. Just a thought.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Chris, you are entitled to a free ad in Turning Wheels. Post a picture with a caption stating "Information wanted on this possible prototype." This way, the club members that don't read the forum will see it. Just a thought.
        Yeah, I forgot about that! Ill have to look into it. Just one thing, we know it IS a prototype![8D][^]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
        1960s Prototype cart
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach

Yeah, I forgot about that! Ill have to look into it. Just one thing, we know it IS a prototype![8D][^]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
          1960s Prototype cart
          Could it be a frame for some silly moon buggy or desert sort of deal. Or maybe the wheels were flotation devices for a obscure application.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

I thought it might have something to do with dessert use. The tires are incredbly light use tires, they are made of something simular to styrafoam! And it about can't be a moon thing, it is really heavy.[?]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
            1960s Prototype cart
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Please add more photos of it in various positions. If the thing folds out or adjusts, it would be good to show that also.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I asked on a political blog I frequent, and someone had a decent idea:

"Some sort of cart, or they were bidding on an aircraft contract?

That could be it. Made to help move something very heavy or bulky. You stand it on edge and get the 45 degree bar on the right under whatever you are moving, then you can lower it down so that all four wheels are on the ground."

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

That could be it. Made to help move something very heavy or bulky. You stand it on edge and get the 45 degree bar on the right under whatever you are moving, then you can lower it down so that all four wheels are on the ground."

JDP/Maryland
                  I think that may be a little more on the right track, just one problem with that. This cart appears to be for light weight use. The axles are doll rod and the tires are basically the same thing as packing foam that you find in boxes.[?]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
                  1960s Prototype cart
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Please add more photos of it in various positions. If the thing folds out or adjusts, it would be good to show that also.
                    They will be coming soon, I have to go take them.

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
                    1960s Prototype cart
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
                      I think that may be a little more on the right track, just one problem with that. This cart appears to be for light weight use. The axles are doll rod and the tires are basically the same thing as packing foam that you find in boxes.[?]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
                      1960s Prototype cart
                      Maybe just a mock up of some sort of special cart just as a proof of concept ?

JDP/Maryland
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

It could be[?] I wish I caould talk to some of the engineers who worked there back in the '60s!

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
                        1960s Prototype cart
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

It could be[?] I wish I caould talk to some of the engineers who worked there back in the '60s!

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
                          1960s Prototype cart
                          Just got this, a stretcher designed to work in a mine or on a conveyor, maybe sits on the belt than lifted off ?

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/51...scription.html

JDP/Maryland
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

That could be. Maybe it had a piece of leather or rubber in between the center bars and it could carry people, and the "tortion control" of drive shaft ends provided for a smoother ride, but still, styrafoam wheels[?]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
                            1960s Prototype cart
                            Chris Dresbach

Comment

That could be. Maybe it had a piece of leather or rubber in between the center bars and it could carry people, and the "tortion control" of drive shaft ends provided for a smoother ride, but still, styrafoam wheels[?]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
                              1960s Prototype cart
                              The wheels, axles and tires are obvious mockups just to get the geometry correct.

JDP/Maryland
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

It's probably a two bag golf cart for an early lunar landing.

Comment

Working...
                                X